Horrable Marine products >

Horrable Marine products

Notices

Horrable Marine products

Old 09-05-2005, 05:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Horrable Marine products

Any compound made by Starbrite. Never found any of their stuff that worked yet.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:11 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

MSD products
Old 09-06-2005, 11:59 AM
Registered

Stainless Marine let us grenade an engine before letting us in on the little secret that sometimes the fittings that come with their manifold systems bottom out against the inner manifold and don't allow water flow.

I don't blame them for the engine blowing as the boat was owned by a buddy who continued to run it when it wasn't right. I do blame them for creating the situation though. I was on the phone with them countless times. They made suggestions to purchase different items from them to correct the problem, which we did to no avail. After replacing the blown engine with a new 509, it still overheated. One last phone call and I got the "You know, sometimes those fittings are too long...". WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THAT A YEAR AND AN ENGINE AGO??!!??!!

Cut the fitting off, re-installed it, and no more problem. VERY FRUSTRATING! This was years ago, and I still find myself bitter about it!
Old 09-06-2005, 12:04 PM
Registered

Actually ran into an issue with my mallory fuel pump 1 year ago during a race and ran out to the local performance shop and they only had Holley
well a year later, I finally decided to do a little preventative maintainance and bought a new mallory pump and switched it out. I got 4 ft from the dock and it froze up. After I won Saturday in Marathon and all I had to do is start on Sunday to win for the weekend, my brand new Mallory took a chit. I put a Hooley back in and haven't had a problem all season
Old 09-07-2005, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sejman, I am in charge of new products at Stainless Marine. There is an old saying: 'The pioneers get all the arrows'. The 'Heads-up' came about when Bobby Moore called and asked us to make one for him. We did. It was a prototype, but it worked pretty well. Other people saw it and ordered more. We went from prototype to production in a few weeks. We have probably made 40 or 50 engineering changes in that product since day one. The latest was yesterday. It is offered as an option on a dozen of the best-known hi-perf boat models. We NEVER knowingly send out a product that isn't the best we can do. If you had a problem, our phone number is engraved on the faceplate. Why didn't you call? PS. It is spelled 'horrible'. PPS. I have designed at least 50 products that could easily make your list.

Brownie
Old 09-07-2005, 09:33 AM
Registered

Hey Brownie! No comments on my Stainless Marine problem? I'm not trying to be a PITA, and I'm sure the overall quality of the product is fine. We just never received a good explanation as to why the fittings didn't fit.

Last edited by jayhawk261; 09-07-2005 at 10:08 AM.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:55 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still have all three Holley pumps I bought over the years.

Pulled a ten year old one out from under the bench to replace a 6 hour old aeromotive pump that went bad.

Operating against a dead head will kill any electric pump in short order as the fuel heats up in the pump and allows it to overheat. I have always used bypass type regulators and oil pressure safety switches. Maybe thats why they last.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jayhawk, Yours is harder to explain. When we ship a set of manifolds, we pack up parts (loose) to be assembled in one of several possible setups. Even God couldn't look at a thread and tell that it was off spec. In case of a severe problem, we don't hear about until later. We make every effort to correct the problem immediately, and to send correct retro parts to the field. We are a small company. We do not have a QC incoming lab. (Wish we did). We are at the mercy of our suppliers. I have personally been in the biz for almost 55 years. I consider myself a quality guy. We just don't allow second-rate products to leave here. Unfortunately, some of them apparently sneak out! Nobody in this business tries harder to do the right thing than we do. Sorry for your problem.

Brownie
Old 09-07-2005, 10:05 AM
Registered

Thanks for the reply. As I said, I don't blame you guys for the blown engine. That was my bonehead buddy's fault for running it hard when he KNEW it wasn't right. He had enough money to make it right, so we moved on down the road. It was just really frustrating after going through all the phone calls (with the owner I believe) and buying other parts, and then being told "Oh yeah...". It's a good thing I've had 8 years to cool down I was pretty upset back then!

Thanks Brownie!

Oh, and we also ran a Holley Blue pump on the same boat with no problems whatsoever. It AWAYS worked well, and we beat the crap out of that boat at LOTO.

Last edited by jayhawk261; 09-07-2005 at 10:10 AM.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:09 AM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Horrable Marine products

Originally Posted by BROWNIE
Jayhawk, Yours is harder to explain. When we ship a set of manifolds, we pack up parts (loose) to be assembled in one of several possible setups. Even God couldn't look at a thread and tell that it was off spec. In case of a severe problem, we don't hear about until later. We make every effort to correct the problem immediately, and to send correct retro parts to the field. We are a small company. We do not have a QC incoming lab. (Wish we did). We are at the mercy of our suppliers. I have personally been in the biz for almost 55 years. I consider myself a quality guy. We just don't allow second-rate products to leave here. Unfortunately, some of them apparently sneak out! Nobody in this business tries harder to do the right thing than we do. Sorry for your problem.

Brownie
Now, That has to be the most honest anwser to a problem that I have ever read, no sidestepping runaround BS, Thanks Brownie for keeping it real.

Quick Reply: Horrable Marine products

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.