Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Q & A (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q-20/)
-   -   Trim Control Ease (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q/111712-trim-control-ease.html)

JJONES 09-05-2005 06:21 PM

Trim Control Ease

Im Looking For A Way To Control My Drives Trim Position With Out Letting Go Of The Throttles.i Know Of A Couple Companys Make Clamp On Units But How Do They Work,meaning Are They Very Functional?imlooking To Control My Drives Trim Positions With My Fingure Tips While Throttling Up And Down In Rough Water?? Helpfull Advice Would Be Great!

JJONES 09-05-2005 07:27 PM

Re: Trim Control Ease

Ill Take 2!!one For Each Throttle!!! I Will Order Tomorrow,do I Need Anything Else,wire,nuts,bolts,etc??? Thanks

mmwalters 09-05-2005 09:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a gaffrig clamp on for my drives and I made a knob for my tunnel tab. They are comfortable and work great

offthefront 09-05-2005 09:31 PM

Fred do you need 2 swithes ? Or one switch runs both drives nad then fine tune with the dash switches ?

JJONES 09-05-2005 10:11 PM

Good Question,would Wiring Be A Little Odd Though?

Payton 09-06-2005 06:49 AM

Livorse also makes a wireless kit to put the trim buttons in your steering wheel.

East Coast B 09-06-2005 11:06 AM

Operates drives up or down from the throttle with just one switch for two drives.

I just got my single switch for two drives from rexmarine.com. When you order the switch, you can also purchase the diode kit which is needed to use one switch for both drives. I'd check with Fred at trickmarine.net first as he carries the switch in limited colors..... The diode kit is like 25 bucks, if your good with wiring, you could build it from radio shack....

Anyone know what size diodes to get? Just two diodes and a little wire is all you need.

Single switch works great compared to the dual dash rocker switches....

Good luck!

JJONES 09-08-2005 10:50 PM

Trick, One More Question!

1 Attachment(s)
Trick,Fred,Just Got My Switch I Ordered From You!Got Here A Day Early,Thanks For The Great Service!One Question Though Which I Want To Make Clear Before I Start Splicing Into My Harness.It Looks Like The Blue Wire Splits From One Wire Into Two Aswell As The Green Inorder To Activate Both Drives/So Basically Im Going To Turn Two Wires Into Four/Then,When I Have Four I Install The Diodes? Does This Sound Right?? Hope I Explained It Well Enough For What Im Trying To Do?? Thanks Again ,Oh Yeah Heres A Pic

deboatmon 09-09-2005 10:33 AM

If anyone needs diodes for their drive or tab switches just go to any electronics store and get 1N4001 axial lead diodes @ 10 -20 amps. Diodes are dirt cheap, comparatively speaking.

The diodes just provide isolation to allow for continued single operation of a tab or drive. Most any diode will work as long as the current capacity is not exceeded. PIV is a non issue with 12VDC.