More Power Upgrade >

More Power Upgrade

Notices

More Power Upgrade

Old 09-23-2005, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More Power Upgrade

Well I Finaly Have All My Stuff,thanks To Fred At Trick. Hopefully ILL Gain 100hp Per Engine!Im Installing Chillers,pulleys,scoops,strainers,blowoff Valves,water Pickups And A Whole Lot Of Plumbing Tomorrow Morning!I Cant Wait!if Any Body Is Interested Ill Let You Know How This Project Turns Out!Im Going To Try Some Differant Props As Well From 3b Mirage 25plus To 4b 27's.the Boat Is A 1998 Scarab 38 With 525sc's!Just Thought Id Put This Out There Incase Someone Else Is Interested!
Attached Thumbnails More Power Upgrade-sickboat10.jpg  

Last edited by JJONES; 09-23-2005 at 10:24 PM.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Re: More Power Upgrade

Not that it needed it, but an extra 200 hp at the stern should wake that Scarab right up. Let us know the end results.

I remember when I first got my boat and had plenty of $$$ to spend on performance goodies. That bucket of money has since dried up. Now I just pour what I have left in the fuel tank and pray it starts when I get to the lake. Oh, the good old days (heavy sigh)....
Old 09-23-2005, 11:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 798 Likes on 366 Posts
Default Re: More Power Upgrade

You sound excited,definately post the results of your mods. One of my buddys bought a boat a few weeks ago with a 525sc,I'm interested in hearing your performance gain because before its over I'm sure he'll be modifying his too and I'll be the one helping him. He's already wanting more speed too,Smitty
Old 09-24-2005, 12:06 AM
Registered

It Feels Like Christmas!i Cant Wait Till Morning To Start! My Wife And I Are Watching A Movie,Its 10 Pm And All I Can Think Of Is My Game Plan And Plan Of Attack!
Old 09-24-2005, 04:56 AM
Registered

I remember when I first got my boat and had plenty of $$$ to spend on performance goodies. That bucket of money has since dried up. Now I just pour what I have left in the fuel tank and pray it starts when I get to the lake. Oh, the good old days (heavy sigh)....[/QUOTE]

Old 09-24-2005, 08:00 PM
Registered

Hey JJ.. I added 100hp per side to my 38" 96' Scarab and picked up 6-8mph. Originally had 525sc's.

26" Bravo @ 5500...78mph gps

I am installing new XR's with 2" shorties this week, hoping to pick up a couple mph.

Good luck, let us know how it turns out. At the very least the coolers should make motors more reliable and add a few mph
Old 09-26-2005, 06:17 PM
Registered

Thanks,im just about done with my project,everything is install,scoops and everything,just waiting for the dumps and ill be finished,im going to havasu on saturday and am going to try out some 27 when im there,the install was pretty easy,the only hard part was trying to squeez under the motors inorder to install the threw transom water pickups!im 240 and once i was in there i thought i was not going to be able to get out!
Old 09-26-2005, 09:02 PM
Registered

What altitude is Havasu at? Do you have regular Bravo's? I nuked one of mine after 25hrs of easy running. Thats why new XR's with Imco shorties.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by iamfaster
What altitude is Havasu at? Do you have regular Bravo's? I nuked one of mine after 25hrs of easy running. Thats why new XR's with Imco shorties.
iamslower,thats because you use it like a searay.maybe 79 with a tail wind
Old 09-26-2005, 11:07 PM
Registered

Re: More Power Upgrade

I THINK HAVASU IS ABOUT 550/600 FEET ABOVE SEA LEVEL SO THE AIR DENSITY SOULD BE GREAT,ITS STILL HOT DURING THE DAY TIME THOUGH,AT LEAST THE MID 90'S.THE WATER TEMP IS PROBABLY MID TO UPPER 70'S WITH A GOOD WINDCHOPP IN THE AFTERNOON AND I CAN TELL YOU ITS GOING TO BE ALOT OF FUN,KIND OF LIKE MY OWN CORONA EXTRA COMMERCIAL

Quick Reply: More Power Upgrade

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.