502 MPI Fuel pressure? >

502 MPI Fuel pressure?

Notices

502 MPI Fuel pressure?

Old 03-27-2014, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
i got this information from a merc tech that works on them all the time,he told me that i should have 43 lbs with the engine running,guess what,i had exactly 43 lbs.that ruled out fuel pressure being the issue.i will add that with the key on but engine not running the pressure will be lower.
I found it on page 1B-8 Fuel Pressure (Running) 43 psi (248 kPa)

Gen VI engine: So engine running (idle) it should be 43. With just the key turned to on (engine off) 34-38

Every one wins

Originally Posted by pwrboatn
What should the fuel pressure be with key on engine not running while the fuel pump is running?
See above
Old 03-30-2014, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
i got this information from a merc tech that works on them all the time,he told me that i should have 43 lbs with the engine running,guess what,i had exactly 43 lbs.that ruled out fuel pressure being the issue.i will add that with the key on but engine not running the pressure will be lower.
Mike,
On that 502 you mentioned in the thread about fuel pressure, where did you take your readings?

Curious because I'm thinking over the sender placement on my fuel system, which is directly after the pump. I don't like this location, but it was physically the best place I could put it without getting into a weird plumbing situation. Off the end of the fuel rail would be best, but I'm not sure it will clear the intake plenum.

On the other hand, we do really care about the exact pressure? If the dash gauge is a couple psi off the actual rail pressure, and you KNOW this, then I think it's a moot point.

All you really want to know is that you're maintaining regulator set point throughout the RPM/load range.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Cole2534
Mike,
On that 502 you mentioned in the thread about fuel pressure, where did you take your readings?

Curious because I'm thinking over the sender placement on my fuel system, which is directly after the pump. I don't like this location, but it was physically the best place I could put it without getting into a weird plumbing situation. Off the end of the fuel rail would be best, but I'm not sure it will clear the intake plenum.

On the other hand, we do really care about the exact pressure? If the dash gauge is a couple psi off the actual rail pressure, and you KNOW this, then I think it's a moot point.

All you really want to know is that you're maintaining regulator set point throughout the RPM/load range.
there is a schrader valve ,it is located on the front of the engine just below the the upper plenum.
Old 04-01-2014, 02:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 92nsx
I found it on page 1B-8 Fuel Pressure (Running) 43 psi (248 kPa)

Gen VI engine: So engine running (idle) it should be 43. With just the key turned to on (engine off) 34-38

Every one wins

See above
Roger that. Thanks boss. I was told by a perf mech to bump the pressure up a lil above factory this sound about right?
Old 05-26-2014, 05:42 PM
Registered

43 psi idle and with vacuum hose to plenum connected?
Is the difference of 36 to 43 psi caused by the vacuum at idle?