Blue drain cocks, size?? >

Blue drain cocks, size??

Notices

Blue drain cocks, size??

Old 10-19-2005, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Blue drain cocks, size??

My 1994 454mags have those 7/16" fittings for the block drains and nothing for the exhaust manifolds.

Do those blue wing nut like screw in's fit right into the side of the block?

Coming out of the exhaust manifold is just a straight plastic looking threaded fitting with a hose connect shooting straight down. Tried breaking it free with thoughts of getting a T fitting so I can use those blue fittings to make it easier in the future to drain, but damm I don't want to break it off... any ideas, is that fitting pretty fragile??? Seems like plastic to me.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Re: Blue drain cocks, size??

Ok, the blue drain fittings do not go directly into the block. There is a brass adapter that screw's into the block first and then the plug into that. They are sealed with little orings to aid in the dripping of water. When putting them in care has to be taken, it is very easy to cross thread the blue plug. If you ever have one break it's no big deal, heat the tip of a straight blade screwdriver up and melt it in the broken plug, let it cool slightly and turn it out. The easiest way is to make a "T" fitting like I'm doing with a 30' Mistique, install the "T" coming out of the block, put the drain plug down and the water pressure hose out.

The bushing is like $3-$4, the blue plug is like $3 and the oring is less than $1.

Very easy set up. Ant questions just email me or call the shop.

John S.

Last edited by Pwrbt33; 10-19-2005 at 04:04 PM.