Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Peach Fuzz on Bravox1 drain plug magnet?? >

Peach Fuzz on Bravox1 drain plug magnet??

Notices

Peach Fuzz on Bravox1 drain plug magnet??

Old 11-09-2005, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Peach Fuzz on Bravox1 drain plug magnet??

I'm not sure what's going on with RedLine. I've been running it in my '96 41 Velocity 600hp per side since the boat was new. In the entire time I've only suffered one broken drive, knocked a couple teeth off the pinion gear after not throttling after a huge launch. Never had a drive bottle overflow, find almost no peach fuzz on the magnets. Used to change the oil every 40 hours, now it's more like every 100 hours.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:55 PM
Registered

If you want to run thats great as long as the warr is up because it my understanding that they wont cover a claim if you use it.

might want to call merc tech assistance to make sure
Old 11-10-2005, 05:10 AM
Registered

Joe, I live right across the bridge form you in Annapolis and I'm just wondering what kind of work you do...just drives? engines? how about fuel injection?
Thanks, Dave
Old 11-10-2005, 06:16 AM
Registered

What's wrong with Merc Hi Perf lube? Have to run for 1yr to validate warranty but you guy's like or don't like?

GOODT..Riggs Marine says same thing re friction. He knows and is 15 min from factory in Fondulac.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by hillbilly24
0 friction is no good for roller bearings and friction clutches, it works well with bushing and insert bearings.
If there is 0 friction then would there not be 0 wear?
Old 11-10-2005, 07:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by GOODT
If you want to run thats great as long as the warr is up because it my understanding that they wont cover a claim if you use it.

might want to call merc tech assistance to make sure
I can't find a compelling reason to stop using it. For me it works, 9 years and no failures in one drive and once teeth on the other. Big boat in big water constantly beating the snot out of it. Don't know of many other Bravos that have been running for that long without issues.

Like I said not sure what is going on with other people with overflowing drive bottles, I haven't seen it.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:28 AM
Registered

dont fix it if it ain't broke....I don't blame you with the good track record.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:04 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Rage
Mr Gadgets,

Thanks for the change interval rule of thumb.

What is Royal Purple?

What are your thoughts regarding issue of the drive "bearings flat spotting" because of the synthetics are too slick and as a result "the bearings are not rotating"?

What is your thoughts regarding the issue of the drive "fricton cone not working properly" because of the synthetics are too slick?
Mr Gadgets,

Questions above.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:21 AM
Registered

all im saying is think twice and that I wouldnt use it as for 0 friction 0 wear true to a point with out friction it makes it harder for the cone clutch friction to "grab" also without a little friction roller bearings have a harder time rolling.

Lowflying: I work on all systems specialize in high performance and drives but work on all have been in the business 25 yrs was with the local fountain,sonic dealer for the last 5 now working for my self and do mobile service at no extra charge, if you would like references I have many that I can give you and have certifcations from merc,volvo,omc,and seadoo If I can be of any help give me a call at 410-570-7995

Last edited by GOODT; 11-10-2005 at 08:25 AM.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:48 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

That ShockProof oil sure is sticky! Seeing the way it sticks to everything including the drive canister, it has to be doing a good job sticking to the gears bearings etc. And I can now see how it's "shock proof". I'll have the drives apart in a few months and we'll see how they're holding up.

Is there is scientific evidence that the bearings won't turn because of zero friction, like I said the same thing was said about roller cams in motors years ago and now that's not the case.

Quick Reply: Peach Fuzz on Bravox1 drain plug magnet??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.