Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Pro-Charger versus Vortech,  & the winner is? >

Pro-Charger versus Vortech, & the winner is?

Notices

Pro-Charger versus Vortech, & the winner is?

Old 11-14-2005, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pro-Charger versus Vortech, & the winner is?

So what is the real world results with these systems? trying to figure this out and would like some real world feed back on installation , results and problems encountered with the system that you installed.

Also post Performance gains actually gained, before & After.

Thanks

Bryan
Old 11-14-2005, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Pro-Charger versus Vortech, & the winner is?

Procharger is the biggest pile of crap on the market. Vortech's make more air, better air and quicker.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The biggest problem with prochargers is the fuel system, they band aid what you have instead of fixing it right. Vortech's kit is much more complete. Prochargers can make alot of power but dialing them is is a pain in the azz. Vortech's tech support is unreal too. I have dealt with Bob Endress many times and he has always come through for me. He has even driven to the shop several times to get things squared away for us.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:08 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

You might want to look at Steve Morris Racing Engines. com.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You may also want to take a look under GPM's hood!
Old 11-15-2005, 05:25 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RichardCranium572
Procharger is the biggest pile of crap on the market. Vortech's make more air, better air and quicker.
Whats the differance in price between the procharger and the Vortech's Say for a 500efi???? Avarage?

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:48 PM
Registered

I like the Procharger head units but thats about it.

Our saying at the shop..."The system sucks but the headunit is TOP NOTCH" lol.

The vortec systems are very nice and complete. I would reccomend a Procharger for the person looking to make all his or her own stuff to support it.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:29 PM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

I've had good luck with my Vortech. It's survived about a season and a half. Gained about 10 mph with a single motor boat. Had AZSM set it up and program the ECM. Also had them but bigger injectors and fuel pump and regulator in. I'm refreshing the motor this winter, new cam, lifters, springs, etc and head work, I hope to gain another ten when I'm done.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:47 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bryan,
I installed a ProCharger Stge II sc on my 502 Mag four years ago and have had no problems related to the ProCharger, went from 70 gps to 85+ in a 27 Fountain. I also know quite a few people with ProCharger's on efi motors with no problems. If you have basic mechanical skills the install is a no problem but if you cannot put together a kids bike leave it to the pros. Vortech make a good kit and so does Whipple but in the end all of them are only as good as the install. Dont listen to biased people who say any of the kits are junk.

Last edited by INDY27; 11-16-2005 at 01:13 PM. Reason: second thought
Old 11-16-2005, 01:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by INDY27
Bryan,
I installed a ProCharger Stge II sc on my 502 Mag four years ago and have had no problems related to the ProCharger, went from 70 gps to 85+ in a 27 Fountain. I also know quite a few people with ProCharger's on efi motors with no problems. If you have basic mechanical skills the install is a no problem but if you cannot put together a kids bike leave it to the pros. Vortech make a good kit and so does Whipple but in the end all of them are only as good as the install. Dont listen to biased morons who say any of the kits are junk because they probably dont have the mentality to install one anyway

Have you ever put a wide band air fuel ratio meter on a procharger app? Do you even have a WB AFR meter? Never mind it's a ****ty charger compared to a vortech....can't even compare it to a whipple. Does it not concern you that they sell you a supercharger(hairdryer) without any computer mods on an EFI setup? They include a bigger fuel pump and have you remove the thermostat and crank the fuel pressure up. I know this works full throttle, but how much extra fuel are you unnecessarily putting in at idle and part throttle...let's not forget about all the soot on the back of the boat that gets on the girl's bathing suits.

As for biased morons, be careful not to put yourself in that category. I tune 2-3 supercharged engines a week, all over the country.

Quick Reply: Pro-Charger versus Vortech, & the winner is?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.