Intercooler parts/plumbing >

Intercooler parts/plumbing

Notices

Intercooler parts/plumbing

Old 11-20-2005, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intercooler parts/plumbing

I just picked up a used intercooler for my 525SC which has the weiand 177 blower, anyone know where I can get new gaskets and seals for it? Also, any guidance on a good plumbing arrangement and tune would be appreciated.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:46 AM
Registered

Default Re: Intercooler parts/plumbing

i just installed superchillers on my 525sc's i used threw transome pic ups into a strainer,out of the strainer i installed a blow off valve that dumped overboard aswell as the water to feed the chiller,i then supplied water to the chiller at the front on one side and blocked off the other,chiller water exited at the rear using the 2 ports and went overboard! teague has the gaskets and hardwere!the strainers,blowoffs,waterpickups and wate dumps i got from trick!you will also need a belt,and hose,and waterfittings,with my set up i think i used about 20ft of hose per motor!i think it was #8 hose or 3/4 inch,the dont use to many right angles eathier!if you look at the scarab section under p38 or in the classified section under scarabs, then p38 there are some pics!i might be able to get more pics today!
Old 11-20-2005, 04:14 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have some pickup,hose ,fittings in the parks swap setion.
New. take a look

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 825 Likes on 378 Posts

Install a nice $tainless thru transom water pick-up dedicated to the innercooler so it only cools while on plane to avoid condensation while idling. If your getting serious speed out of your boat,you'll have to use a overboard dump to bleed off extra volume/pressure to prevent over pressurizing the tubes in the innercooler. If you really want to get fancy add a sea strainer so you don't plug up the tubes also. You might as well buy a billet overboard discharge fitting and plumb it all in -8 braided hose. If your boat looks as good as the one in this picture I'm sure money is no object to you , MR BIG-BAD INFLUENCE GUY
Attached Thumbnails Intercooler parts/plumbing-dsc03823.jpg  

Last edited by articfriends; 11-20-2005 at 09:52 PM.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:55 PM
Registered

I was thinking that instead of drilling a BIG hole below the waterline, I could take the water from the discharge of the raw water pump and activate a 12vdc solenoid with a MSD RPM activated switch. I'm Not wanting to set the trend here if it hasn't been done before. Just an idea....
Old 11-21-2005, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

I rigged mine very similar to JJones. Worked fine.

However my next rig. I am using only one pickup
I will run a large strainer with two ports to a dual stage
pump with a pressure valve at the intercooler.
one side of the dual stage will run engine the other will feed
intercooler.
I may even consider one of these new chiller strainers
inline.

I like to use a bigger discharge on the intercooler then the feed to help eliminate pressure spikes.

Just some thoughts
Gerry
Old 11-21-2005, 06:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Old Navy
I was thinking that instead of drilling a BIG hole below the waterline, I could take the water from the discharge of the raw water pump and activate a 12vdc solenoid with a MSD RPM activated switch. I'm Not wanting to set the trend here if it hasn't been done before. Just an idea....
That sounds like a good possibility, I'd say you'd want to install a water pressure gauge to make sure when you energize the solenoid you don't see a B.I.G. or adverse water pressure drop to the rest of your motor,Smitty
I seen one of them 525 sc's once in this old 95 checkmate
Old 11-21-2005, 06:59 PM
Registered

You should use a separate pickup from the motor. You will likely be producing more HP if you get a smaller pulley and consequently producing more engine heat. You don't want to decrease cooling water to your engine.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by articfriends
That sounds like a good possibility, I'd say you'd want to install a water pressure gauge to make sure when you energize the solenoid you don't see a B.I.G. or adverse water pressure drop to the rest of your motor,Smitty
I seen one of them 525 sc's once in this old 95 checkmate

Like Smitty said water pressure drop to the motor.
I have seen people do this and it works.
It is a neat idea!

on the flip side.

The big boys use triple stage one for engine one for intercoolers, oil coolers and third stage for exhaust.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by caveman
Like Smitty said water pressure drop to the motor.
I have seen people do this and it works.
It is a neat idea!

on the flip side.

The big boys use triple stage one for engine one for intercoolers, oil coolers and third stage for exhaust.
Maybe one of thise twin stage billet water pumps would be perfect for this set-up. Old Navy,you could get the twin stage pump with" run dry technology" in case you ever run boat too long out of the water,Ive heard of that happening once to this guy with a checkmate ,Smitty

Quick Reply: Intercooler parts/plumbing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.