Plumbing for Revolution Marine Exhaust

Notices

Plumbing for Revolution Marine Exhaust

Old 11-22-2005, 07:36 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Plumbing for Revolution Marine Exhaust

I'm not followiing the 2 hoses on the bottom of the manifolds. Where are they coming from? Every setup I've seen with 4 hoses are 1 to the bottom of the manifolds, 1 to a tee at the risers like what a Gil setup uses for each manifold.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:07 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nordic95
Hey thanks a ton for the lead to call.I did and he told me that with the system I have I can eliminate two of the hoses,they are not needed.So now I can order my aftermarket thermostat housings.Great company to deal with.
Just a suggestion, maybe you could post a pic here of what you have so the guys on the forum here can see it. I'd send a pic to Todd at Rev Marine too. Picture is worth 1000 words. Like I said, just a suggestion.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like it's using the exhaust manifold to pre-heat the incoming water. Then it goes out the tailpipes after cooling the engine?
Old 11-23-2005, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My thermostat housing has six hoses on it.1) sea water from oil cooler.2)water ciculator pump.And 4 hoses to the manifolds,2 hoses to each.Terry or Ted??? told me that the merc set up fed the manifold and the riser on each side.His set up had a cross over pipe from the manifold to the riser right where they join.The manifold itself has two locations where you can feed it and a plug comes in the kit to plug the other.When the manifolds were installed they just used all hoses as not to have to plug two at the thermostat housing.Ill get pics when I start removing motors from boat next weekend.

Hope this clears up my confusion!!!
Old 11-23-2005, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nordic95
My thermostat housing has six hoses on it.1) sea water from oil cooler.2)water ciculator pump.And 4 hoses to the manifolds,2 hoses to each.Terry or Ted??? told me that the merc set up fed the manifold and the riser on each side.His set up had a cross over pipe from the manifold to the riser right where they join.The manifold itself has two locations where you can feed it and a plug comes in the kit to plug the other.When the manifolds were installed they just used all hoses as not to have to plug two at the thermostat housing.Ill get pics when I start removing motors from boat next weekend.

Hope this clears up my confusion!!!
Thats exactly what I did on install.
Anthony,What are ya doing to those motors ???
Got ants in yer pants already!!!!
Old 11-23-2005, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stock is gay!!!!

That has been my saying since I was 5 years old.I have to hop up everything I own.Even removed the governor off my weed wacker.If I can just get the boat back together everything will be o.k.I'll send pics and keep you posted.I have the boat in a heated warehouse in Middltown N.Y.,not far from you.I'm going to pull motors and send over to Roccard Engines for some updating.Also will try to rebuild gimble housing on port side like you did on starboard side.Sounds like it going to be a long and expensive winter.Hope you will be around for advice.How was your trip to Key West??