jesel shaft rocker system ?????experiences >

jesel shaft rocker system ?????experiences

Notices

jesel shaft rocker system ?????experiences

Old 11-21-2005, 06:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jesel shaft rocker system ?????experiences

has anyone used this rocker system and have had good or bad experiences with them.if they are proven to be better then i would use them vs the standard crane gold 1.7 ,and would any of my current valvetrain geometry need to be changed to use the jesel.
i have a pair of 850 hp blown engines turning rpms 5500 to 5900.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:02 AM
Registered

Default Re: jesel shaft rocker system ?????experiences

Monte;

You don't need them unless you're going to run a solid roller. They're nice in that respect because you can pretty much run the valves and leave them for the season! Oh yeah, and they work great! Just be sure you don't go with the ultra cheapie model, I used the "mid" grade ones that are ~1000 a set.

Corey

Last edited by jdnca1; 11-21-2005 at 08:14 AM.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Talk to Laz at Mesa Balancing, I believe he has been using the Jesels on some of his stuff.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:39 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shaft rockers are great with really no down side. Getting the goemetry correct will require using an adjustable pushrod to determine what lengths are needed. They are really a bullet proof system for a hydraulic roller valvetrain!
Old 11-21-2005, 10:53 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 99 Likes on 53 Posts

Corey is right you dont need them unless you are running solme wild solid roller. One of the race shops I used to work at, the boss had a 1200 HP nitrous SBC that had Crane gold race rockers witha stud girdle, we had to adjust them every day during the weekend of racing. He switched to a shaft mounted system (T&D brand) and we didn't have to touch the lash the whole season. Mind you that he did have a VERY agressive cam in it and was turning about 7500 RPM. For a boat I think a GOOD set of rockers would be good and MAYBE a pair of stud girdles IF your cam has that much lift.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

I have 50 hours on the Jesel shaft mounts. I am using the Sportsman's Series style with hydraulic roller cams with profiles that are easy on the valvetrain, and lift that doesn't exceed .630". I run about 5500rpm tops with No problems. I think Laz Mesa uses the same design on some of his engines and offers them as an upgrade to the valve train.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:06 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

I ran them for about 150 hours pleasure use on some Big Chief heads with soild roller720" cams with no problems and those heads are tough on rockers. Switched to a Canfield head and have 200 plus hours again no problems. After every 75 hours or so I pop them off and drop them off at Jesel. They go over them and in a day or two they are on their way back and it doesn't cost but a couple hundred $. Very pleased with them
Old 11-22-2005, 01:33 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have Jesel on my Sterling motors. At 100 hours, I had small hairline cracks at the pivot point in many on the exhaust side. I replaced all exhaust rockers with shot-peaned new. Still highly recommend them. I will try to post pics of the cracked rockers when I have time.

Last edited by RedDog382; 11-23-2005 at 08:23 PM.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Can anyone tell me how tall they are compared to crane gold or comp magnum rockers? I'm planning on converting to jesel's this winter BUT i am running stock merc valve covers with drip tabs ground off plus spaced up 1/4 inch with thicker steel core gaskets. The valve covers literally touch the procharger on my motor and I have bought several different style marine valve covers that DO NOT clear the supercharger so I am stuck running the covers I have,Smitty
Old 11-22-2005, 06:25 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by articfriends
Can anyone tell me how tall they are compared to crane gold or comp magnum rockers? I'm planning on converting to jesel's this winter BUT i am running stock merc valve covers with drip tabs ground off plus spaced up 1/4 inch with thicker steel core gaskets. The valve covers literally touch the procharger on my motor and I have bought several different style marine valve covers that DO NOT clear the supercharger so I am stuck running the covers I have,Smitty
The Jesels fit under the stock valve covers with the stock gaskets. There's nothing better than shaft rockers, even if you don't think you need them.

Quick Reply: jesel shaft rocker system ?????experiences

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.