Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
What 2 Cycle oil do I like for Toro Snowblowers?? >

What 2 Cycle oil do I like for Toro Snowblowers??

Notices

What 2 Cycle oil do I like for Toro Snowblowers??

Old 11-24-2005, 06:49 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow What 2 Cycle oil do I like for Toro Snowblowers??

A couple questions came in so here is my opinion for any 2-cycle "home-equiptment" engine:

I tried a bunch but have found that using Amsoil Sabre' 2 cycle oil mixed at 100:1 which is 1.28 ounces/gallon (3oz of Sabre' to 2.34 gallons of gas is what I usually mix up) with 87 octane will give you both great protection and the machine will start with one brief push of the primer and no choke. My findings are that you do not need anything more than the 100:1 mix ratio as this particular oil has lots of ZDDP and the engine does not bog down even under heat and stress. It is a great product.

Fast starts...low smoke and smell...excellent protection and no fouling up of the plug. It's a universal mix for any 2-cycle machine no matter what the manufacturer recommends.

I have used this for several years and it is safe and effective.

Amsoil Sabre:

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/atp.aspx

Here is a computerized place to figure out your mixing needs.

http://www.speed-sports.com/Go-Peds/...x%20Calculator

Last edited by Hydrocruiser; 11-24-2005 at 06:59 PM.
Old 11-25-2005, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: What 2 Cycle oil do I like for Toro Snowblowers??

i run 100 to one amzoil in all my 2 stroke bikes and have for years. i also use a ratio rite cup you can get them at any decent m/c store cept your harley dealer
Old 11-25-2005, 04:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Arrow Re: What 2 Cycle oil do I like for Toro Snowblowers??

Originally Posted by ratman
i run 100 to one Amsoil in all my 2 stroke bikes and have for years. i also use a ratio rite cup you can get them at any decent m/c store cept your Harley dealer

Glad to hear their 2-cycle motorcycle product works as claimed as well.

Amsoil is the only 100:1 ratio oil I have personally tried that allows the engine to run very well lubricated and without loosing RPM's under load or heat. Some 100: 1 2-cycle products upon going to full rev will not run as smoothly or as fast as they did previously with a 64:1 mix...Amsoil is up for the task and the 100:1 means much less smell and smoke.

The Amsoil "Sabre" formulation is for "yard equipment".

You would use a different product for a motorcycle or outboard. It does matter that you use the right product for the right application.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:55 PM
Registered

Exclamation Re: What 2 Cycle oil do I like for Toro Snowblowers??

Listen, I don't like to break balls, but... this is a boating site right. There must be some other avenues to find things out about your snowblower. It is an insult to people that have spent their entire lifetime devoted to making boating better,Then for anyone to ask non boating related questions in this forum. Maybe I should ask you guys what shoes I should buy, or how to sharpen and balance a lawnmower blade. Why don't we just start talkin' about the civil war ? Let's not loose the real point of what this site provides for real boaters. Also notice , there are alot of post hoggers that have something to say about everything, whether or not it be INTELLIGENT ! Maybe they have a year or two on this site, the rest of thier time spent on some other planet, or barstool ! There are alot of people smarter than me out there. AT least 50 . Just kidding, but after 4.5 years on this site I have been involved in about 170 posts.(Maybe because I'm out there doing it instead of bs'ing people from my seat ! ) I just got home from winterizing two late model boats with bravo 3's and I learned something ,even today! I don't mean to offend anyone. If you knew me ,I'm one of the best friends you could have. Let's keep doing the right thing for BOATERS who want to KNOW and LEARN from others and don't want to learn the hard and costly way.( Like I did) ! Peacefully BBB

Last edited by Big Block Billy; 11-26-2005 at 11:14 PM.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:03 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

big block billy...you were more fun when you were lurking hydrocruiser has been around long enough to ask a 2 cycle engine question! its no different from the snomobile guys posting. a lot of the folks like anything with an engine you can hop up.lol so be happy everyone is getting something from oso.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:43 PM
Registered

I hear ya, I did like the Big Block snowblower ! A whole lot more exciting than a Toro !
Old 12-10-2005, 04:30 PM
rws
Registered

Hydro ever heard of TF-580 from Romes Casterine in NY? This is the oil that lubricated my Sno-Pro Skidoo's .I mixed it 80-1 with Fass Gass or C-14
Old 12-10-2005, 05:15 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Arrow Re: What 2 Cycle oil do I like for Toro Snowblowers??

Originally Posted by rws
Hydro ever heard of TF-580 from Romes Casterine in NY? This is the oil that lubricated my Sno-Pro Skidoo's .I mixed it 80-1 with Fass Gass or C-14
TF-580 has a very highly purified conventional base and a high flashpoint. 80:1 for trail use is right..and 100:1 in water cooled engines can also be used.

The Amsoil Sabre' has a slightly higher base and flashpoint being fully synthetic... but they are close. I see no reason for you to switch if you like it.

Last edited by Hydrocruiser; 12-10-2005 at 05:32 PM.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Block Billy
Why don't we just start talkin' about the civil war ? Let's not loose the real point of what this site provides for real boaters. Also notice , there are alot of post hoggers that have something to say about everything, whether or not it be INTELLIGENT ! Maybe they have a year or two on this site, the rest of thier time spent on some other planet, or barstool ! BBB
Hey Billy Dude,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Just chill. OK!?

You a moderator or what?

Anyway,,,,,,,,,,,,, to answer the post...................

It's a friggin' smoblower man......... Just put something slippery in it and get a new one when it dies.

The engine is NEVER the first thing to go on a snowblower (or lawn mower, or weedwhacker, or whatever).

We're not talking HP500 here. It'll run fine no matter what you throw at it.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"The engine is NEVER the first thing to go on a snowblower (or lawn mower, or weedwhacker, or whatever)." EXACTCLY!

"My findings are that you do not need anything more than the 100:1 mix ratio" LOL i bet they were very scientific

Quick Reply: What 2 Cycle oil do I like for Toro Snowblowers??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.