PREOILLERS: MASTERLUBE vs.ACCUSUMP

Notices

PREOILLERS: MASTERLUBE vs.ACCUSUMP

Old 11-28-2005, 09:04 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PREOILLERS: MASTERLUBE vs.ACCUSUMP

Thinking of installing preoillers on my engines and would like to know if anyone has any experience with them? Which work better? Which are easier to install? In general, what are your thoughts?

Thanks,
Dail
Old 11-28-2005, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Re: PREOILLERS: MASTERLUBE vs.ACCUSUMP

I used a Moroso accusump 3 quart version in my 540 Super Gas drag motor with great results. I was running a Billet Fab box style pan with kick out, a Titan georotor oil pump, valley screens, and a Jesel belt drive. Even with all the internal baffeling, I was having a substantial drop in oil pressure, while braking after a run. Spoke with Titan and Billet Fab about the problem. The first two questions they asked me were, " do you have valley screens and are you running a Jesel drive? ". The problem was more related to oil being trapped in the heads and valley, due to the screens and Jesel restricting the flow back to the pan, than from the pans inability to control the remaining oil. I installed the accusump and plumbed it with a #10 hose. I just used the manual valve, but an electric version is available that operates off the ignition switch. Solved my problem. A crew person would open the manual valve, just prior to unloading from the trailer, and after loading at the end of the day would close valve before shutting engine off. Would hold 60+#s of pressure during the winter offseason.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:49 PM
Registered

Default Re: PREOILLERS: MASTERLUBE vs.ACCUSUMP

I use a masterlube unit on my race car. I researched others and liked it best because of the 'ball bearing' design that allows you to pre-load it and forget about it and not worry about it failing
Old 11-28-2005, 05:46 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Thanks guys, I am leaning toward the Mastelube but thought someone might have a better idea. Cmcnitt, how difficult was the install?

Thanks, Dail
Old 11-28-2005, 06:16 PM
Registered

it's simple to install, as long as it's basically upside down. I have mine pre-loaded to about 8psi. I also have a remote filter so I plumbed the masterlube line into the remote filter mount (filtered side)
Old 11-28-2005, 06:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cmcnitt
it's simple to install, as long as it's basically upside down. I have mine pre-loaded to about 8psi. I also have a remote filter so I plumbed the masterlube line into the remote filter mount (filtered side)
Are you sure you have your preload set to 8psi. Mine works great but I believe you should be using rougly half of your max oil pressure as your preload pressure. Mine is around 35-40psi preload.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:13 PM
Registered

zahndok, mine is installed in my circle track car. I wanted to have as much oil as possible in the preoiler so if/when the pump pickup sucks air, the preoiler would supply oil to the engine. I try to run as little oil as possible to keep it out of the crank's way. low-buck dirt track racing (stock pan).
Old 11-29-2005, 09:26 AM
Registered

I used to use the MasterLube unit. Then I changed it out for an electric pump. It works much better. You don't need to worry about turning the swith off in time and running out of air. Also can empty 14 quarts of oil in less than a minute.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:11 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one season on my accusump. Very pleased with it. Turn the key on and you have oil pressure for about 40 seconds prior to cranking it. Lets me run the sump at least 1 quart low.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:15 AM
Registered

Fountaineer, I've been thinking about using pumps for my boat. Which pump do you use? Do you have it set up for oil changes as well?

Quick Reply: PREOILLERS: MASTERLUBE vs.ACCUSUMP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.