30 Scarab Panther Wiring >

30 Scarab Panther Wiring

Notices

30 Scarab Panther Wiring

Old 12-02-2005, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
30 Scarab Panther Wiring

Can anyone tell me where i could get a wiring diagram for my 1989 30' Scarab Panther? I just bought one and am having a hard time getting power to the dash.It came without engines so im in the process of installing one and would like to get the power hatch to work, which would make life so much easier.

Thanx in advance

Ralph
Old 12-02-2005, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: 30 Scarab Panther Wiring

p/m Wally I thought hes posted complete color coded diagrahms...or do a serch in the tech form...I know Mercs manuals have them or Seloc's...
Old 12-02-2005, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Often the power for the dash and accessories comes from a thick red wire attached to the hot side of the starter. If the engies are out, then that wire would be disconected. Or it might run right from the battery. Look to see if there is a disconnected wire laying around. It could also be a ground not connected. Look for a thick black wire that bolts up to an engine block or connects to the negative pole on the battery.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:01 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 943 Likes on 474 Posts

I dont have a wireing diagram....i posted a diagram on a relay setup for the hatch ram......
as far as trying to get the hatch to work.....i think without the engine harness inplace it may be hard to do as most dash assembly's get juice from that plug that goes into the engine harness.....what you can do is find the thick red wire going to the switches and run a jumper from the battery to it and run a ground jumper to the ground block under the dash and everything on the boat should work. Just remember that each switch controlls one side of the dash so dont freak out if you get get it all to work off of one switch.
If the switch setup dont work then you can always just straight wire the hatch switch.....theres only 4 wirs going to it and a set of jumpers that criss cross on the back of the switch...

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 12-05-2005, 02:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ralph,
Was this the boat that was on Ebay? Just curious.

Chris
Old 12-05-2005, 06:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 367 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by ralphspa
Can anyone tell me where i could get a wiring diagram for my 1989 30' Scarab Panther? I just bought one and am having a hard time getting power to the dash.It came without engines so im in the process of installing one and would like to get the power hatch to work, which would make life so much easier.

Thanx in advance

Ralph
If Wellcraft is the same help Formula was for me, find the head office on internet, ask them the wiring diagram for your boat and you should have it, complete diagram for the whole boat, in a day or two, in your e-mail. Thanks again for the support team at Formula. Really was appreciated.