Programmable knock control systems >

Programmable knock control systems

Notices

Programmable knock control systems

Old 04-27-2012, 04:09 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

Haven't talked with him in a while, he's made some upgrades to his system, he seems to like Email rather than phone. http://www.jandssafeguard.com/
Old 04-27-2012, 04:09 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

He doesnt answer his phone.. too distracting. Email him 7am to 12pm and he gets right back to you. I just bought one of his units that he modified for my application. Cant wait to see it in action.. He is a great guy. But email is the way to get to him.

Have to run, but I can find his email if you need it. I think it is on his site..

Dick
Old 04-28-2012, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank's the email worked
Old 07-29-2013, 05:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How did the unit work for you?
Old 07-29-2013, 10:45 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

John,
I have been running the unit since I put the new motor in the boat. I been working on the fuel map and not gotten to the advance table to see if I can increase the timing to see if it reacts. I did have the sensitivity turned up and it would register cylinders being retarded. I know when you tap on the block it will pull timing out!!
Once I am happy with the fuel curve I will bump the timing up till I see some reaction from your box.. So far I am very happy with it. I am moving to the COP and will be using the 8 channel unit I have now to keep things in line! That will be a winter project!!

Thanks!
Dick
Old 08-01-2013, 06:38 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

John,
From what I can gather, am I corrrect in saying you have not released a sealed "marine" version of your Safegaurd universal box yet? If so, when do you believe this could be released?

I saw your product in use many years ago on a turbo Mustang. I was very impressed by how well it responded. The owner claimed he routingly ran lower octane fuel on the street w/o changing tunes and the system pulled enough timing that he never had an issue. If and when you release a marine version, I am interested in purchasing a couple of systems. I am also interested in purchasing a system for a twin turbo Viper at some point, but I'm guessing the system is not designed for 10 cylinders... correct?