Notices

NEED 525efi HEADERS (2 PAIR)

Old 01-26-2006, 09:00 AM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts
Default NEED 525efi HEADERS (2 PAIR)

Both pair of my headers are leaking. I'm looking for two new pair (all 4 headers). Please give me a call directly ASAP.

Thanks,
Joe
832-277-3661
Old 01-27-2006, 08:00 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: NEED 525efi HEADERS (2 PAIR)

a friend of mine just had to send one back to cmi off of an 02 glaiator and they only charged him $50.00 to fix it. i would try them first.
Old 02-03-2006, 05:41 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Thanks for the reply. I don't want re-ferb'd anything on my boat.

I found someone that has 2 new pair that they pulled off for a staggered set-up. To that person... Thank you!
Old 02-03-2006, 11:52 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

fyi - All of my headers were sent to CMI. 3 were repaired and I was told by CMI that the 4th was unrepairable, and then basically, that I was "f'd" and was on my own to go buy another pair! Wow!!!

What sh!tty customer service from CMI and Merc, sh!tty "monopoly" by Mercruiser and yet GREAT, GREAT price and service from the person who did hook me up (who, by the way is not from CMI or Merc!!!!!). My decision is closing in on the next boat - and I guarantee you it will only have Zul's or Sterlings!

P.S. If anyone wants the "repaired" headers, PM me. Reimburse me for the repair job ($300) and my shipping costs (which CMI also didn't pay for), and I'll have CMI ship them directly to you. I'm leaving them there unless someone wants them! Seriously, I wouldn't have the heart to sell them to someone and later find out that another seam/weld let go and grenaded an engine.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:02 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I read (here on OSO I think) that CMI's are good for 3 or 4 years, or seasons, on average, before they crack. Considering what they cost, and considering the cost to repair the damage to an engine they can do when/if they fail, I wonder if they're worth taking a chance on.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:16 AM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe
fyi - All of my headers were sent to CMI. 3 were repaired and I was told by CMI that the 4th was unrepairable, and then basically, that I was "f'd" and was on my own to go buy another pair! Wow!!!

What sh!tty customer service from CMI and Merc, sh!tty "monopoly" by Mercruiser and yet GREAT, GREAT price and service from the person who did hook me up (who, by the way is not from CMI or Merc!!!!!). My decision is closing in on the next boat - and I guarantee you it will only have Zul's or Sterlings!

P.S. If anyone wants the "repaired" headers, PM me. Reimburse me for the repair job ($300) and my shipping costs (which CMI also didn't pay for), and I'll have CMI ship them directly to you. I'm leaving them there unless someone wants them! Seriously, I wouldn't have the heart to sell them to someone and later find out that another seam/weld let go and grenaded an engine.

Sign me up, I'll take them.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:20 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I assume you now have a completely full mail box. I want em if any one else falls out.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:40 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Joe how could they go bad that fast????

Try Fred at Trick marine . He will be the cheapest on New.

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:37 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Joe

P.S. On a positive note, this is the second time I've dealt with Randy Leider at CMI. Both times he's been great. Thanks, Randy!!!! Sorry CMI and Merc. have you and all of your CMI colleagues' hands tied!
Old 02-06-2006, 06:43 PM
LarryD

if anybody else needs a set we have a pair off of ours ( we bought tractor style ) we took the headers off before we put the engine in the boat so they have never been fired ( brand new)
Larry SVL#51 wild ride