Hitek manifolds >

Hitek manifolds

Notices

Hitek manifolds

Old 02-09-2006, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitek manifolds

Anyone have experience with Hitek manifolds/headers? I am told they are a tubular design under the water jacket, and perform the equivelent of tubular headers. They look pretty sweet.

Old 02-10-2006, 11:50 AM
Platinum Member

Received 134 Likes on 80 Posts
Default Re: Hitek manifolds

I installed a set on my -99 502MPI in spring of 2003. Unfortunately , because of events beyond my controll , I could only run them for about 5 hours . Boat has been out of water since.
They still look like they just came out of the box and that's in salt . They seem to perform very well , although you would probably notice more of a difference on a carb motor.
Compared to the cast iron junk the difference in water flow through these things is amazing.
If you are dealing direct with Allen in Australia have no worries ( get it ? hehe) He is absolutely straight up and at his own expense called me multiple times , even after I had recvd them. I can't say this about a certain very large country nearby to me .....
Tell him Steve sent you !

Let me know if you do get them .
Old 02-10-2006, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I talked to Allen the other week about them. I got the same impression you did from him. He called me to get the specifics on my boat, but unfortunately it is in storage and I am not 100% sure on the exact setup on it. I am still debating about them, but if i ditch the semi-stock aqua powers on it the Hitek's are the way I am going to go.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:14 PM
Platinum Member

Received 134 Likes on 80 Posts

By the time you have them in your hands they ain't cheap but I believe that (by now) Allen will stand behind them for either 3 or 5 years.

My original Merc units had the 3" extension and were in a silent choice (actually CORSA Q&Q +) installation. The new units just went into the exact same place no mods needed.

BTW the Aus $ rate of exchange will work in your favour much better now than it did for me. Back then it was .87 to the US $.. now is at about .75... MOVE QUICK and save big