real silent choice with y pipe OR switchable muffler tip >

real silent choice with y pipe OR switchable muffler tip

Notices

real silent choice with y pipe OR switchable muffler tip

Old 02-15-2006, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: real silent choice with y pipe OR switchable muffler tip

Nordic25, many cam profiles dictate long risers that allow water only at the very end of the riser or even dry pipes with overboard water dumps. This is to eliminate potential reversion during extended idle times. This long riser/dry setup is not possible with silent choice as the diverter is just aft of the short riser and water enters the exhaust right there making it a less than ideal choice for certain cams. I believe an HP500 is about as far as you can go into high performance motors with silent choice. Of that I'm not absolutely certain, but I do know that in the silent choice setups I'm familiar with, there are limitations on the type of engine you can use it with. There may be others, but there are absolutely some limitations. Reversion is a killer.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:47 AM
Registered

Kanookstr, I would love to see the switchable tips you are using that are as quiet as through hub. I've used Gaffrig, and CMI's and though they do quiet things a bit, they're no where near as quiet as through hub. My next slip over buddy has a 38' Fountain with twin HP500's and when he's switched through hub he sounds like a Sea Ray cruiser. You can hear the water ripple off his hull sides. My twin 572's with CMI mufflers closed, still sounds like thunder by comparison. It does quiet the noise a good bit, but nothing close to his. What kind of tips do you have that are so quiet ? Also, what motors are you running ? That may have a something to do with your noise reduction.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:48 PM
32' SUNSATION
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by deboatmon
Kanookstr, I would love to see the switchable tips you are using that are as quiet as through hub. I've used Gaffrig, and CMI's and though they do quiet things a bit, they're no where near as quiet as through hub. My next slip over buddy has a 38' Fountain with twin HP500's and when he's switched through hub he sounds like a Sea Ray cruiser. You can hear the water ripple off his hull sides. My twin 572's with CMI mufflers closed, still sounds like thunder by comparison. It does quiet the noise a good bit, but nothing close to his. What kind of tips do you have that are so quiet ? Also, what motors are you running ? That may have a something to do with your noise reduction.
I picked up a set of teague tips. My motor is a procharged motor with CMI's. Lets put it this way, At 3500+ rpm I can whisper to my wife in the boat and she can hear me. Sure it's not as quiet as thru hub sorry if I miss led you, but It's dam close.. My wife doesn't like the loud exhaust, and she was more than satisfied with these tips... especially if you let her listen be for and after..
Old 02-21-2006, 10:18 AM
Registered

Check out Rex marine´s PowerSilencer

http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2...-powersilencer

they might do trick!

/erik
Old 02-21-2006, 01:56 PM
Registered