Help - New Guy

Notices

Help - New Guy

Old 02-18-2006, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help - New Guy

Hey all,

I know alot of this has probably been gone over 100 times, But I am on dial up and this site loads slow. Would take me forever to search. (And I have been searching).

I have a 1991 Baja 260. Has a stock 340hp 454 with thru hull exhaust. Few things I am looking to do.

Exhaust - Either some mufflers that really work, or silent choice. I know choice is the best way, but I really don't know what all I would need. Is every boat different as far as the y pipes and such or is it a standard thing. I really would rather go with a muffler I still like to hear it, but the wife would like less noise.

Trim tabs - Don't have any, and would really like them. Is there any how to sites? What are the best brands? what type do I really need for my boat?

Power - What can I do beside a bigger motor, a major rebuild, or a supercharge? I really don't want to spend big money at this time for a supercharge. One because I hear good and bad, two because I may not keep this boat for long, three i really like the fact that I just turn the key and the thing starts every time. So will simple exhaust pipes, ignition, air filters (K&N), or what ever really do me any good? If I could get another 5 MPH I would be real happy. The boat does high 50's to 60 now with a 23 pitch.

Cover - The one I have is pretty lacking. Is there any companies that would make a fitted cover for my boat? Got a quote of over $1000.00 to have one made last year, would really like to spend less than that.

Grafics - Would like to update a bit. What is the best route to go? I really have no clue here.

thanks for the help guys I know this is alot of questions.

Dave

P.S. how could a put a pic of my boat on this thread?
Old 02-18-2006, 05:47 PM
Registered

Default Re: Help - New Guy

have a pair of mufflers that were a take off from a new fountain custom made by fountain
Old 02-18-2006, 09:34 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GOODT
have a pair of mufflers that were a take off from a new fountain custom made by fountain
What kind of mufflers are they Goodt?

Nordic95
Old 02-19-2006, 07:51 AM
Registered

they are custom built by fountain..came on a 38 linghtning
Old 02-19-2006, 09:12 AM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nightlife,
Try this place for covers. I looked at them years ago and the prices were reasonable... Never did buy from them, sold the boat at that time.. Check them out... it is an alternative..

http://www.rontimco.com/
Old 02-19-2006, 09:43 AM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

On the silent choice,
You need the Y pipe and some kind of diverters, for your application the stock setup might be the way to go.. only problem is.. you need to pull the motor to install the Y pipe. I did it once, just lifting the motor up and moving it forward, without disconnecting much..
The alternative is a down pipe with a flapper on the outside of the boat, or full time mufflers or somewhere inbetween.. easy to install, just clamp them on to your tips... But they can be pricey also...

Good luck, hope this helps.
Dick