k-plane(trim Tabs) >

k-plane(trim Tabs)

Notices

k-plane(trim Tabs)

Old 02-22-2006, 06:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default k-plane(trim Tabs)

I took my trim tab off to have them repainted. Some electolis damage to it and cylinders. Tabs cleaned up good . I had to heat the cylinders to get apart in the process did more damage. Iam trying to find some used cylinder in good shape. Where would I find some cylinder for the k-plane style trim tabs used or new?
Old 02-22-2006, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Re: k-plane(trim Tabs)

Fred at Trick has a direct replacement for the Kiekhaefer cyl. for a lot less $$ than Merc
Old 02-23-2006, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what year is your boat? My rams were seized and we heated them and penatrating oil and everything else and they wouldn't move. Also my pins that hold the ram to the plane it self is seized. And i haven't been able to locate a affordable replace. Plus I don't know what kind they are. I have been told that they are the old style mercury racing but I need to find and identifying mark. If one one can describe what they are it would be great. Thanks David
Old 06-22-2006, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by wetpleasure
I took my trim tab off to have them repainted. Some electolis damage to it and cylinders. Tabs cleaned up good . I had to heat the cylinders to get apart in the process did more damage. Iam trying to find some used cylinder in good shape. Where would I find some cylinder for the k-plane style trim tabs used or new?
WP - Did you remove the mounting plate from the transom? If so, how involved was it? I may need to do the same thing to repair a stud.