Dana Flow Torque exhaust >

Dana Flow Torque exhaust

Notices

Dana Flow Torque exhaust

Old 03-02-2006, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Dana Flow Torque exhaust

Customtouch, did you buy the brackets for mounting the ECM from them as well? I am also curious of the year of your 502 MPI's?

Thanks,
Don
Old 03-02-2006, 12:23 PM
Banned

I wanted to buy them for the Donzi, but I called Dana, and they are 16.25 inches tall, and I only have 15.25 inches of clearance.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the pictures. I'm headding out to the pond now to do mine. Should be on tonight if I don't have too many beers.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DORaymond
Customtouch, did you buy the brackets for mounting the ECM from them as well? I am also curious of the year of your 502 MPI's?

Thanks,
Don
The ECM is the same bracket as the shifter. We bought an extra set and just drilled new holes to hold the ECM. The motors are 98 model with serpentine belt.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:57 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts

thanks for all the info Custom. thats exactly what i wanted to hear. it makes sense that they are internally distributed being that they are cast. i guess the shape threw me a bit and i automatically thought they had the external tubes like the CMI's. sounds like you are keeping the same hours i am, happens every year for us in this biz. march is crunch time for all those projects i let go long got a shop FULL of boats that need to be gone very soon so i can get to the important stuff . . . my boat . . . an it aint gonna fit in there right now. i think i will order up a couple of sets of these manifolds pretty soon. doing the motors next winter and want to have everything ahead of time
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 03-02-2006, 11:29 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Custom,
Glad to see you got them installed? I didn't hear from you so I guess your guy was able to get the bolts out OK?
Bob
Old 03-03-2006, 12:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bobl
Hey Custom,
Glad to see you got them installed? I didn't hear from you so I guess your guy was able to get the bolts out OK?
Bob
Thanks Bob, Yes, they were not as quite bad as we originally thought however he said it was not a cake walk either. I gotta give it to you boat mechanics, you EARN you money . How is the new shop coming along? When are you planning on moving in?

Last edited by customtouch; 03-03-2006 at 08:44 PM.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by glassdave
thanks for all the info Custom. thats exactly what i wanted to hear. it makes sense that they are internally distributed being that they are cast. i guess the shape threw me a bit and i automatically thought they had the external tubes like the CMI's. sounds like you are keeping the same hours i am, happens every year for us in this biz. march is crunch time for all those projects i let go long got a shop FULL of boats that need to be gone very soon so i can get to the important stuff . . . my boat . . . an it aint gonna fit in there right now. i think i will order up a couple of sets of these manifolds pretty soon. doing the motors next winter and want to have everything ahead of time
So, what was the final outcome of the boat swapping deal? Are you keeping the 34 Scarab or did you get the 38 or something else? It was kinda hard to keep up with all your wheelin & dealin there for a while . Also, what is the secret to being able to work on your own boat? Hell, I have had mine for 5 years and it's STILL solid white . I would put it in line and run it through with the others, but I CAN'T AFFORD ME !!!!!!
Old 03-03-2006, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeh, we got moved in this week. Now to get unpacked and organized. At least we are working again. It's been about 4 weeks since we worked on any baots..
Old 03-03-2006, 05:20 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, I got one side installed today. I didn't work very hard at it, but I think I would have gotten way further if I could have quit dropping bolts into the bilge.
Installing these manifolds.....not a weekend project. More like a week long project. Well mabey if a guy worked really hard at it he could get it done in a weekend.
Custom, what did you end upo doing on the oill filter bracket & the drive resivor? I'm thinking of cutting the stock bracket & welding the cut off part back on in the front. What a pain in the ass that is going to be.
I sure hope it is worth it......I mean they look good, so that is one on the plus side, but man, these f*ckers fit tight!

Quick Reply: Dana Flow Torque exhaust

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.