drive trim speed

Notices

drive trim speed

Old 04-19-2006, 11:37 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 366 Likes on 245 Posts
Default drive trim speed

Here is the problem: When lowering the drives, they start to go down at the same time but the port takes like 5 more seconds to be completly down. When going up, both go up same speed. So when we drive and lower the drives, the boat start to kind of chine walk badly enough to almost eject us from the boat (29 outlaw)... Don't feel like it happen when my 3 young daughters are aboard... Change drive trim oil or do I have a bigger problem? Thanks for your help!
Old 04-19-2006, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: drive trim speed

Check main battery connections and wire lengths to the batteries. Changing the trim oil may help, maybe one got mixed with a thicker oil. It's also possible that the slow one needs to have the trim in pressure adjusted up slightly.

Few pumps actually trim at exactly the same rate. Without a load the pump has to work harder trimming in because the there is more oil on the large side of the cylinders and the extra needs to be forced back into the reservoir. When under load from thrust it can trim in faster than on the trailer. The pump has to work harder trimming out against the thrust.