HP500 rebuild...what next? >

HP500 rebuild...what next?

Notices

HP500 rebuild...what next?

Old 05-10-2006, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: HP500 rebuild...what next?

I've heard nightmares about the NRS system. Can you same FIRE. You have to watch running the higher lift cams with silent choice. This is a big cause of reversion.\\My $.02
Old 05-10-2006, 01:38 PM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CIG3
I've heard nightmares about the NRS system. Can you same FIRE. You have to watch running the higher lift cams with silent choice. This is a big cause of reversion.\\My $.02
NRS is coming off. Removing the Y pipe too. Just have to see "what" I'm going to be able to use to get it plumbed out the transom.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue by You
Lazaro:

So you're saying to replace my current set up with stock? Why would a "LARGE" engine builder write down that they "replaced jets in carbs, old size 70, new size 80"?
I don't get the Large engine builder part what I'm saying is that the carbs you're using I've done alot of testing with both in the water and on the dyno and from my work I'm saying the factory jet setting has been the best for power and fuel distribution with the Dart intake and the gm heads it doesn't make since why that jetting but it works. Best of luck to you Laz Mesa
P.S. When I give an opinion or advise on this forum or anywhere I mean it with good faith and good intentions so don't think because someone is a big or small guy in the business they can't take the time to help we're all the same today you may need help from me and tomorrow I may need help from you.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:59 PM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by MESABALANCING
I don't get the Large engine builder part what I'm saying is that the carbs you're using I've done alot of testing with both in the water and on the dyno and from my work I'm saying the factory jet setting has been the best for power and fuel distribution with the Dart intake and the gm heads it doesn't make since why that jetting but it works. Best of luck to you Laz Mesa
P.S. When I give an opinion or advise on this forum or anywhere I mean it with good faith and good intentions so don't think because someone is a big or small guy in the business they can't take the time to help we're all the same today you may need help from me and tomorrow I may need help from you.
Laz;
You read me wrong... what I was saying about the LARGE DOG was, I'm finding all kinds of...well crap that these large dogs did to my motors in the past. From reusing gaskets, to silicone fixes, to recycling valves, to so called replacements, when the stock parts are still in place...so a receipt saying replaced jets in both carbs, old size 70, new size 80 scares me. What was really done, who knows, I'm just forced to make changes to both motors now, so i know what I'm starting with and I just want to get OSO advise so I have some feedback for my builder. For the record, I prefer the small dogs. More willing to help the small guy.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:28 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd have your tail pipes mofidied to look like a stock piep to a tip connected by a hose. Or you can go straight thru the transom will a TRS style with a wedge plate.
Old 05-10-2006, 04:29 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Blue by You
Adding the Crane HI-6M and a Crane PS92 coil. That combined with the new Dart Heads, Dart intake and upgraded valves, I'm hoping I've nailed the "Best performance for the reliability buck" Only thing left is to find dyno time the week before Memorial day.
I'm using my 741's with CMIs, so I can't comment on the Gils. I love my Crane Hi-6M ignitions, but I can tell you I HATED my Crane coils (LX92s, I think) - lost at least one per season - sparks flying all over the engine compartment (NOT a good thing). I went to MSD Blasters and haven't had a problem since.