Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Revolution Exhaust Plumbing? >

Revolution Exhaust Plumbing?

Notices

Revolution Exhaust Plumbing?

Old 05-15-2006, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: Revolution Exhaust Plumbing?

PDF sent......
Old 05-16-2006, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Ahhhhhh......did ya' find out what you needed to know???
Old 05-16-2006, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by David Stotz
nordic95, I see in your attached picture what you are talking about. Although I have a small block the basic plumbing looks like yours. I have the impeller in the drive ( alpha ) and the stock circulating pump. Where did you get the t'stat housing ? Do you know why Merc uses two hoses per side ? Are there any draw backs to the one hose per side set up.
Thanks, Dave
Dave, Sorry I didnt get right back to you I just saw your post.Terry at Revolution says merc used two hoses per side,one to feed manifold and one to feed riser.Rev. has a cross over hose to feed the riser from the manifold.I have used the boat three or four times now and no issue with cooling the exhaust this way.
Nordic95
Old 05-16-2006, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
Ahhhhhh......did ya' find out what you needed to know???

Yep, although the instructions are for big block, they were both helpful and confusing. On the small blocks the one-holer manifold goes on the port side, and you do not need a special power steering pump.

Also, all I had to do to get the exhaust hose on was slide the original steel pipe further back into the back hose, and then it would slide on easy. I found on the 2nd side to assemble the entire riser/hose/pipe/hose assembly and then slide it on the tip. This makes it very easy to install, and I didn't have to cut or trim anything.

Thanks for the file!
Old 05-17-2006, 05:57 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Nordic.
I studied your picture and it looks like you have the t'stat housing from stainless marine. I called Brownie on Monday and spoke to him . I ordered a t'stat housing from them that should work. Uses stock circulator, and one manifold hose per side but has constant water flow because of bypass holes in the t'stat.
Thanks for everyones help!
Old 05-17-2006, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by David Stotz
Thanks Nordic.
I studied your picture and it looks like you have the t'stat housing from stainless marine. I called Brownie on Monday and spoke to him . I ordered a t'stat housing from them that should work. Uses stock circulator, and one manifold hose per side but has constant water flow because of bypass holes in the t'stat.
Thanks for everyones help!
Yes, that is a Stainless Marine Thermostat.You dont need by pass holes in thermostat to feed exhaust.The thermostat sits in the manifold below where the fresh water and exhaust are so it constanly circulates out exhaust even with thermostat closed.I added two by pass holes on one motors thermostat to eliminate steam pockets I was getting in that one motor.
Good Luck

Nordic95