Revolution Exhaust Plumbing? >

Revolution Exhaust Plumbing?

Notices

Revolution Exhaust Plumbing?

Old 05-13-2006, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revolution Exhaust Plumbing?

I have a small block that has the 2 hose setup for the exhaust. I just got Revoulution manifolds, and am wondering how to plumb it.

Thanks
Old 05-13-2006, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Revolution Exhaust Plumbing?

I had those manifolds on my 502s when I bought my boat.One hose went to the bottom of the manifold into the 1" pipe nipple.The second hose went into the front of the lower manifold 3/4" pipe nipple.

Nordic95
Old 05-13-2006, 09:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks,

Do you remember if the ones on the front of the manifolds were elbows, or were they the straight type? I am trying to get them ready to put on the boat, which is at the lake, not my driveway, so I want to get everything in order for an 'easy' installation.

Did you get your Yamaha 220 figured out?
Old 05-13-2006, 10:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jmherbert
Thanks,

Do you remember if the ones on the front of the manifolds were elbows, or were they the straight type? I am trying to get them ready to put on the boat, which is at the lake, not my driveway, so I want to get everything in order for an 'easy' installation.

Did you get your Yamaha 220 figured out?
No on the 220.Have not had time,been working on the Founatin.Mine had 90 elbows on the bottom center port and straight on the front.On my new motors I reused those manifold and only ran one hose to the bottom.Tech department said that this way would work fine also,I just wanted to clean things up a bit on the motors,plus new thermostat housing only had one hose per side.
Attached Thumbnails Revolution Exhaust Plumbing?-picture-004-medium-.jpg  
Old 05-14-2006, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

If you only have one cooling hose per side does that mean there is no cooling water going through the exhaust when the t'stat is closed ? The reason I ask is that I am currently installing Stainless Marine exhaust on the boat now. Their install instructions leave alot to be desired !
Thanks, Dave
Old 05-14-2006, 09:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

David
There should be a small hole in your thermostat
Old 05-14-2006, 05:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by David Stotz
If you only have one cooling hose per side does that mean there is no cooling water going through the exhaust when the t'stat is closed ? The reason I ask is that I am currently installing Stainless Marine exhaust on the boat now. Their install instructions leave alot to be desired !
Thanks, Dave
If you look at my T stat housing the t stat is in the manifold.So the water runs thru exhaust at all times.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

nordic95, I see in your attached picture what you are talking about. Although I have a small block the basic plumbing looks like yours. I have the impeller in the drive ( alpha ) and the stock circulating pump. Where did you get the t'stat housing ? Do you know why Merc uses two hoses per side ? Are there any draw backs to the one hose per side set up.
Thanks, Dave
Old 05-14-2006, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

did you get the instructions with the manifolds???......if not call Revolution.....ask to speak to Terry......he will email you them in a PDF
Old 05-14-2006, 09:53 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

actually......I have 2 sets of Rev small block chevy manifolds to put on when I get the time.....mine didnt come with any instructions so Terry Pdf'd me the manual for a big block ......he said its the same exact same procedure for the smallblock.......if you PM me your email address I could email you the PDF and you can print it out....doug

Quick Reply: Revolution Exhaust Plumbing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.