DANA Ultra H2O Drive Shower DS-001

Old 06-15-2006, 04:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: DANA Ultra H2O Drive Shower DS-001

Originally Posted by vette4jja
Grow up. .

Jason
A couple more points and I'll stop. And perhaps you should heed your own advice on the growing up part, that being,

There's an old cliche in retail, the 3 rules:

Rule 1. Location
Rule 2. Location
Rule 3. Location

Well there's also one in marketing just a little less well known (especially in the marine industry):

Rule 1. NEVER bash a competitor's product
Rule 2. NEVER bash a competitor's product
Rule 3. NEVER bash a competitor's product

Perhaps if you'd focus on how great your innovative bent piece of tube shower is and talk about all it's great unique features and benefits rather than talking negatively about and badgering your competitors and their products we wouldn't have the thread on hotboat or a large part of this one.

There's usually only one reason a business focuses on belittling it's competitors products. I'm sure everyone knows the answer to that one.

You'll notice through all of this I've never badmouthed your product, nor Simreks, nor Dana's, nor anyone elses either. I did call you on knocking off Simreks design because I consider it obvious, but never said your product didn't do this or didn't do that. Actually I think your product, Simreks, and our new dual pickup model all flow within fractions of the same. Same size tubing, no big mystery there. Your self proclaimed 25% better than Simrek Halo on your site, well maybe maybe not, the consumer will have to decide that one. Just the fact you mention it by name repeatedly on your site says a lot in my opinion. A given size inlet hole will only flow a given amount no matter how many dozen outlet holes you drill. I think all the above products will do a great job of cooling. Our design is much different than either yours or Simreks and the consumer is smart enough to make that decision too if he or she thinks that design aspect is important to them.

Lastly, the one thing above I did comment on with regard to Simrek had nothing to do with Simreks product (which I think works very well). It has to do with something far more serious and that's ethics that CP's post exposed. A ghost site imulating an independent drive shower expert of some kind being actually owned by a drive shower maker in a very deceptive manner and even buying Google adwords to promote itself... . Some call it innovative advertising I guess. I have a different view. I also think consumers are plenty smart enough to know what that scenario means. It's the one thing you and I do agree on.

Last edited by rexone; 06-15-2006 at 05:20 AM.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rexone
A couple more points and I'll stop. And perhaps you should heed your own advice on the growing up part, that being,

There's an old cliche in retail, the 3 rules:

Rule 1. Location
Rule 2. Location
Rule 3. Location

Well there's also one in marketing just a little less well known (especially in the marine industry):

Rule 1. NEVER bash a competitor's product
Rule 2. NEVER bash a competitor's product
Rule 3. NEVER bash a competitor's product

"You'll notice through all of this I've never badmouthed your product, nor Simreks, nor Dana's, nor anyone elses either"

"Lastly, the one thing above I did comment on with regard to Simrek had nothing to do with Simreks product ".

Mike,

Wow! Attack a company but not their products, that’s how you do things. And you wonder why it desperate times for Rex Marine. Fact is your very first post on this thread you unjustly and off the topic attacked Just Wicked Marine and continued your attack post after post. Good luck with that.

I want to apologies to this forum, to the thread starter, to our customers and to all of Just Wicked Marine’s dealers that we do business with on OSO.

Jason
Old 06-16-2006, 01:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by vette4jja
Mike,

Wow! Attack a company but not their products, that’s how you do things. And you wonder why it desperate times for Rex Marine. Fact is your very first post on this thread you unjustly and off the topic attacked Just Wicked Marine and continued your attack post after post. Good luck with that.

I want to apologies to this forum, to the thread starter, to our customers and to all of Just Wicked Marine’s dealers that we do business with on OSO.

Jason
You attacked my product as well as Simreks months ago on Hotboat and I only commented on Simrek with regards to their ghost site pretending to be an independant drive shower expert of some sort. You continue to slam Simreks stuff on your website (by name) in addition to knocking their design off rather than just promoting how great your's is. That's chicken**** in my book just like the ghost site deal that Simrek put up. As always I call em like I see em and will continue to as the consumer really needs some insight into what goes on in this industry I feel.

I think you're also a little confused about Rex Marine as well but such is life. Good luck Jason.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

Just as soon as we figure out how to do it we'll be bringing you our newest drive shower.

We've been busy busy trying to solve this problem for you.
Attached Thumbnails DANA Ultra H2O Drive Shower DS-001-niagra-driveshower.jpg  
Old 06-22-2006, 12:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TRICK
Man, what an ugly thread on a public forum.

There's a lot of choices in drive showers these days. I see some very nice, innovative new showers from Rex and Dana. Kudos to both companies. It's nice to see guys coming out with original designs and improving the chances of survival for those often problematic Bravo drives.

The rest of the thread may be more information than I need.
Thanks Fred I appreciate that.

Also sometimes the truth isn't necessarily pretty and often parties involved aren't very receptive. I've never been a very good sugarcoater. But there's things that go on in this industry that people just need to be aware of and some of the above is a good example.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by CPPerformance
Just as soon as we figure out how to do it we'll be bringing you our newest drive shower.

We've been busy busy trying to solve this problem for you.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

................after reading thru this thread, I have to wonder are we using drive showers for the "wrong" reason(s)? Everybody is talking reduction in oil temp, when they manufacture lubricating oils the high end test temp is 210* F, yes very close to the boiling point of water. I really don't know how hot my Bravo gets running WFO (low 70's) but I have never had a problem with cooking the gear oil (I do run a synthetic 75w140 GL-5). Yes, it is more than warm to the touch but no where near the upper end test temp of 210*F. Do we run a drive shower because marketing says we need to or do we like the fact that the cooler outdrive does not "chalk" up anymore. Oil must be more than warm to the touch for some of the additives to work properly. Are we over cooling the lubricant for a better looking outdrive? Just rambling................Ken