Notices

Bad cams, components

Old 05-31-2006, 12:28 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Bad cams, components

Originally Posted by cstraub
Lifters have been the issue. The industry had a large hickup a few years back with one supplier getting shut down by uncle same for tax reasons and another just stopping production. So 50% of mfg was gone in less then 4 months time.

Also everything is no roller or overhead cam. Cam companies don't buy a drop in the bucket compared to what OEM's use to buy. In the 70's and 80's V-8 flat tappet lifters were produced in the millions. The aftermarket doesn't even come close to using a million a year. So production of these parts are now back burner.

New/Old mfgs have gotten into the game but without the OEM's standing on their heads with PPM QC levels the stuff out their is just not what it use to be. Compound this with BBC lifter bore angles usally being out a few degrees and flat tappet profiles these days are like Russian Roulette.

Cam cores come from 3 major suppliers here in the states. I do know of a Turkish supplier and few in Asia that are trying to do business here. For the most part X, Y, and Z cams all come from 1 of the 3 suppliers.

Hyd roller is what I recommend. RM is great to deal with and will get you the best parts for what you want to do I am sure.

Harold is working for a Nascar affiliated team and working out of his house at present day. He has nothing to do with his old Ultradyne of years ago or Lunati where he was up until about this time last year.
Chris thanks for the reply I knew you the info. So there not in the door yet, But that might not be a bad thing now days???

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 06-10-2006, 02:10 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Bad cams, components

team Tickfaw whats the status?????

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.