Trim tab problem! >

Trim tab problem!

Notices

Trim tab problem!

Old 06-03-2006, 06:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trim tab problem!

I have a set of eddie marine billet tabs that are driving me nuts. Long story short, I have replaced the starbord hydraulic pump, all of the lines, both rams, and now the Starbord side will not go down and the port side will go down, but won't come up. I am also having a problem with my non-hydraulic hatch actuator. Do you think the problems could be related through a bad ground or do I just have to shell out more $$$$$$$$'s for new pumps on both sides and a new hatch actuator. I am just about done with boating after this fiasco! All help will be appreciated.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:18 PM
MOP
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Trim tab problem!

Before you start trashing stuff check all your connections, also all of the above use relays or solenoids to change the direction of the motors. A bad relay will stop a perfectly good unit form working in both directions, if it goes one way it should go the other. I am willing to bet clean connections and maybe a solenoid or two everything will be up to snuff.

Phil