Paint or Polish Stock 496 Exhaust Manifolds >

Paint or Polish Stock 496 Exhaust Manifolds

Notices

Paint or Polish Stock 496 Exhaust Manifolds

Old 06-09-2006, 03:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint or Polish Stock 496 Exhaust Manifolds

I know the top elbows can be polished I have 2 sets...

I know the lower portion of the exhaust manifolds can be polished. I think i've seen some pics on here from Raylar, and would like to see them again if anyone can find them.

My real question is... Has anyone had any luck powder coating their exhaust manifolds and if so, do you think a light color would hold up? Or would the light color become dark or discolor over time from any heat?

I really want to step up to the CMI's but I know it would turn into a month long project with my application, and summer is already here.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:46 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink Re: Paint or Polish Stock 496 Exhaust Manifolds

The lower manifolds can be polished and I would clearcote afterwards to avoid the tarnishing they will expierence with heat. They can also be silver powdercoated with a clear powder coat over the silver. The surfaces do not get hot enough to discolor the powdercoat. I would use a die grinder or porting tool and open up the ports down inside under the riser by lowering the inside common walls between the four ports, especially in your supercharged application. blower motors need to get the exhaust out as quick as possible and the low end torque will not be affected negatively, but horsepower and torque will actually increase with this porting.

Ray @ Raylar