Repossesing engine parts from marine mechanic >

Repossesing engine parts from marine mechanic

Notices

Repossesing engine parts from marine mechanic

Old 06-17-2006, 06:09 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Re: Repossesing engine parts from marine mechanic

Shawn, just go get your stuff out of there before it turns and even worse corner---even if you have to square up with him (so to speak). Just go get your stuff bro!!!
Old 06-17-2006, 07:45 AM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ratman
send a couple of big mofo's down to get you stuff. f him he's been screwing you, cut bolts and battery cables...wtf, i wouldn't let that douche bag touch your boat again.
I couldn't agree more with Ratman. give the $500 to the muscle and make sure he shlts his pants. calling the cops won't do dick.
Old 06-17-2006, 08:39 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I appreciate the input on this. The engine builder took the longest time, so it realy wasn't the marine mechanics fault. But, then to not return my phone calls after he has worked on my boat on and off for the past 7 years, knowing I pay my bills in full, on time was just an act of total disrespect.

Thats what PISSES me off the most! I can't beleive someone would ruin a long term customer relationship! Especially all the money I have paid him over the years. I'm going to schedule getting my things returned. My wife has a fork lift at her office I can use to unload all of my stuff. I'm going to work something out with the wifes boss to let me use his shop to get my engine back in my boat.\

Thanks again guys !!!

I'm going to have to come up with a document or something for the marine mechanic to sign in case I'm missing nuts, bolts pieces ect in case there is stuff missing. So I can get them replaced at his expense or something. If I new of another marine mechanic around I would have him on hand to make sure I get all my stuff back.
Old 06-17-2006, 11:35 AM
Registered

My guess is if it has been over a year, there are going to be a lot of $$$ parts missing.

If the engine was removed before he lost his shop I would bet even more parts are missing then in the above statement.

If I can be any help just email me.
Old 06-17-2006, 05:02 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Turbo,

I could say one name and you would know who it is, but I'm trying to be nice. Its not lil' Bill...

I took some pictures of the engine while it was in the boat, so hopefully I can use them to do some checking on parts,. I still plan on holding some of his money till I make sure I have all of my parts. He said he put them in bins, but that could mean anything.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 29scarab
What is the best approach for handling this situation.

Blow engine memorial weekend of last YEAR. 3 weeks later the engine goes to builder for modification and dyno time. Here we are the same time next year and I still don't have a boat.

Engine builder completes work on engine in March or first of April of 06. Call marine mechanic and he said it would 3 weeks before he could get to me. After 3 weeks go by I start calling to see if marine mechanic is ready. HE won't return any of my phone calls. I keep calling but no return calls. I go to engine builder 2 days before memorial weekend this year and my engine is still sitting there. I ask him to call marine mechanic and he does. Marine mechanic answers phone and he talks with engine builder. From the phone conversation, he acted like he had no idea I was trying to get a hold of him. He tells the engine builder he would call me immediately and gives him my number to call. I tell the engine builder NOT to give my engine to the marine mechanic. This phone conversation was on thursday before memorial weekend. As of 06-12-06 the marine mechanic still does not call me. I call leaving a messege to box my things up and I'm coming to pick them up.

Less than 10 minutes later the marine mechanic finally calls back. Said he did not return my phone calls because he new I didn't want to hear that he still couldn't get to my boat. He also said he picked my engine up from the engine builder on this past saturday after I had told the engine builder not to give it too him! I called the engine builder and he said some how he miss understood me and when the marine mechanic showed up he thought we had worked things out and thats why he was there.

He said he had lost his shop and was working from his home. He continued by saying he had no EXCUSES!He said we could settle up and he would give me my stuff. I asked him what we were settling at? He said he had about 7 hours of his time in my engine. I asked him how he figured that? He said the time to take the engine and outdrive out of the boat and partially disassmble the engine . He also said he had to run to the engine builders shop a couple of times with his computer for the engine.

He told me if I give him 500 bucks we could call it even. Mind you I did not take the engine out myself, so how will I know he gives me everything to put it back together? Also I saw my battery cable was cut so he would not have to unbolt the cable from the starter! He also told me he cut one of the bolts on the engine mounts because the extra Whipple fuel system was in the way

I have always paid my bills with him on time and given him ample time to complete work on my boat , but I think I've been nice enough!! A year is way too long.

He is wanting 500 bucks for what he said he's done, but not including the things he's broke, its the principle of the issue. Not including me losing part of my boating season. The engine is complete except for the outside accessories and then there is the task of putting the engine back in my boat and bolting it all back in.

I was told with having a Stellings extension box ,aligning the engine would be easier than having to use an alignment tool for the outdrive? Not sure about this one.

I know I can get the engine back in the boat ,,I'm just concerned about making sure I have all the parts and the alignment right. Also having to buy another engine mount also. Then there will be the tuning for shifting it the boat in and out of gear with the Whipple on it. The engine was a stock motor with a Whipple on it before and now its a 509cid with different cam. On the dyno it idled fine , but I know I will have to adjust it once its in the boat.

Any input on handling this situation would be greatly appreciated!!

I'm hoping to beat our famous Texas boy with the CMI issue to the water!
If you want to beat him to the water, you might want to try and use his mechanic, tbone may know some one.