Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Silent Choice Exhaust question?? >

Silent Choice Exhaust question??

Notices

Silent Choice Exhaust question??

Old 06-26-2006, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silent Choice Exhaust question??

I was out running the lake this weekend, and had the exhaust switched to come out the top, and was running wot. I slowed it down when we got to the area where were going, and the exhaust was really quiet, and I thought maybe I hit the switch to change to silent. It wasnt that. When I got anchored and all settled in, I raised the hatch, and the solenoid to switch the exhaust on the port side was so hot, it would boil water when it got dripped on it. Obviously the solenoid is bad. My question is, should the starboard side still switch when I hit the button in the dash? Because as of right now, it doesnt do anything. Is there another problem I need to look for, or are they wired together so they have to work in unison? Also where is the best place to get a new solenoid? I believe it is the old style Corsa Captains call with the two terminal connector. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:11 AM
JB Marshall
Gold Member

Default Re: Silent Choice Exhaust question??

Contact Corsa Performance directly (800-486-0999) they are pretty good in helping with problems.

Good luck,
JB
Old 06-26-2006, 12:10 PM
Registered

Default Re: Silent Choice Exhaust question??

Originally Posted by J.B. Marshall
Contact Corsa Performance directly (800-486-0999) they are pretty good in helping with problems.

Good luck,
JB
Thanks for the reply. Just called Corsa, and it is indeed a Corsa Exhaust. Apparently I have the old style 2 terminal setup, and Corsa now sells it as a new style setup, but I need to buy a couple different parts to get it up to snuff. Anyone happen to have an old style kicking around that they might wanna pawn off?