Super chiller >

Super chiller

Notices

Super chiller

Old 06-28-2006, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Super chiller

Hallo. I buy 2 new engines with 420 mega blower and super chiller. My question is:
# 1 What is the best way to feed the super chiller whith water? via pick ups? or the engine water pump? or elektrical pumps?
# 2 if I have pick ups, can the pressure be to high for it so you blow up the cool radiator in it ?
# 3 Is it sufficient to take the water through the bravo 1 drive to the Engines ? the engines power is 725 HP And the boat is a Sonic 35ss
Hope for answer Thanks. Regards Goran Sweden.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:36 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: Super chiller

1. Pick ups / So the cooling only happens when you are running and you don't re-liquify your gas-air mixture
2. I had them on 420's and that never happened. Running 82 MPH and picking up from the XR drive in the cone
3. If you mean to "T" the line from the pick ups that go to your engines... I would not do that, for fear of starving either the engine or the chiller. I would buy seperate pick-ups exclusively for the chillers from Trick Marine and plumb them...

Hope this helps
Attached Thumbnails Super chiller-img_0686-mr-2.jpg  
Old 06-30-2006, 05:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Super chiller

Originally Posted by GLH
1. Pick ups / So the cooling only happens when you are running and you don't re-liquify your gas-air mixture
2. I had them on 420's and that never happened. Running 82 MPH and picking up from the XR drive in the cone
3. If you mean to "T" the line from the pick ups that go to your engines... I would not do that, for fear of starving either the engine or the chiller. I would buy seperate pick-ups exclusively for the chillers from Trick Marine and plumb them...

Hope this helps
Thanks for your answer. I have thinking of use 2 pick-ups for the chillers.
But do you think it is enough to use the drive to the engines? I have read in some magazine its not so good. 4 pick-ups in the stern???It's very much of them.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:12 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Hey sonic the drives can cool the engine im running a 900+ motor thru my drive cools nice nice. I have learned 2 things 1. oil temp is the key to engine life with a pre lube. And 2 the chiller must have a pressure relieve valve or you will blow the fins inside. Max psi is 30 keep between 15-20 should be perfect and g is right dont have constant flow or it will chill the fuel at idle and cause problems idling and low rpm running like docking or in a harbor