Ethanol, just not the real thing. >

Ethanol, just not the real thing.

Notices

Ethanol, just not the real thing.

Old 07-11-2006, 02:43 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Ethanol, just not the real thing.

I think its a small price to pay to get the noose from around our necks placed there by "big oil" companies. If we can offset the costs for everyone in the long run it will be worth it. I think its only a matter of time before they get the handle on what additives make the ethanol perform as good as the fosil fuel....think about it, we need to do whats right for the enviroment and the economy here at home not in Saudi Arabia. Now lets get the farmers living off the land bank farming again.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dyno
I think its a small price to pay to get the noose from around our necks placed there by "big oil" companies. If we can offset the costs for everyone in the long run it will be worth it. I think its only a matter of time before they get the handle on what additives make the ethanol perform as good as the fosil fuel....think about it, we need to do whats right for the enviroment and the economy here at home not in Saudi Arabia. Now lets get the farmers living off the land bank farming again.
You are absolutely right. We need to do what's right for the environment and the economy.

If it is important enough for us to all have to rebuild carbs twice a year and drain our tanks too... then it's important enough to just say no to putting so much cash in the Saudi's pockets.
I can no longer run a recreational vessel that is capable of burning 30 gph with a clear conscience.

I posted my boat ad yesterday.

Are you selling yours too? Or just putting it in storage until the noose is looser?
Old 07-11-2006, 04:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fund razor
You are absolutely right. We need to do what's right for the environment and the economy.

If it is important enough for us to all have to rebuild carbs twice a year and drain our tanks too... then it's important enough to just say no to putting so much cash in the Saudi's pockets.
I can no longer run a recreational vessel that is capable of burning 30 gph with a clear conscience.

I posted my boat ad yesterday.

Are you selling yours too? Or just putting it in storage until the noose is looser?

Your kidding I hope
Old 07-11-2006, 05:24 PM
Registered

Sort of kidding, but not really... it's the logical extension of the proposition that all these fuel headaches are worth the trouble because of the gravity of the consequences of dependence on foreign oil.

If it is logical to suffer all kinds of problems in marine engines and extra repairs and maintenance just to use a 90% blend, thus reducing 10% of demand... then the same logic would say that not running a recreational vessel AT ALL would reduce the demand by 100%.

The boat ad really did go up yesterday. You want it?
You can have it for the current price of 5084.76539 gallons.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:29 PM
Registered

Hmm it's interesting to hear you guys having so many issues with just E10.

Yes any alch based fuel will absorb water at a faster rate than petroleum fuel... duh. Keep the tanks relatively sealed and it should be of minimal concern.

With the people having problems: Ethanol and more so Methanol will dissolve the buildup left by gasoline, and yes it may clog the fuel filter. So CHANGE IT.

I'm shocked to hear people having carb issues. The only way I see this being a big concern is if you haven't cleaned the carb internally for a VERY long time.

It seems you guys are having quite a few issues in boats that cars and such aren't experiencing. Quite a few of us have actually gone to primarilly E85 for the killer octane rating. Yes you have to jet/tune for it, but other than that the stuff is great, especially for the forced induction guys. It's not nearly as caustic as pure Methanol, but gives similar performance and it's CHEAP. Even though you use approx 25% more of it in comparison to gas, the price is worth it when you see the price of 106 octane unleaded or even leaded.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:12 PM
Registered

this is the horseschite solution - suffer or aid muslims.... it is false choices, one bad, the other worse, how about the GOOD choices that make us money, help our economy, help the world economy, create high paying jobs here, create more world stability and peace, and all that warm fuzzy stuff....

How about DRILL FOR OIL IN AMERICA.... and then create good jobs here, create refinery jobs here, create nuke plant jobs here, and then break it off in the muslium countries back side when we do not need their oil.....

THAT is the option that is easy to live with....
Old 07-11-2006, 08:38 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sweet!!!! More money, less performance, and less efficiency. It's a win-win!
Old 07-11-2006, 08:53 PM
Registered

Dean,

couldnt agree more !!!!!
Old 07-12-2006, 02:57 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dean51267
this is the horseschite solution - suffer or aid muslims.... it is false choices, one bad, the other worse, how about the GOOD choices that make us money, help our economy, help the world economy, create high paying jobs here, create more world stability and peace, and all that warm fuzzy stuff....

How about DRILL FOR OIL IN AMERICA.... and then create good jobs here, create refinery jobs here, create nuke plant jobs here, and then break it off in the muslium countries back side when we do not need their oil.....

THAT is the option that is easy to live with....
Let's see here: Ethanol=Renewable Resource.
Petroleum=NOT a Renewable Resource.
Billions of Surplus Bushels of Corn.
Corn is Grown Here in the U.S.
Creates Jobs and Grow all over Rural U.S.
Byproducts of Ethanol Can Feed Cattle.
Oil in the U.S. is Only Found in Certain Parts.

No, We Cannot Produce Enough Ethanol to Completely Cut Our Dependance on Foreign Oil. We Can Put a Big Dent in It.

I have been running a 10% Ethanol blend in the boat for more than 3 years now. I haven't noticed any problems with it. I'm running T-454/330's. Engines are carb and an '89 vintage. I put stabilizer in them and a little SeaFoam over the winter. I usually run the tanks really low before I winterize it.

Ya'll must not have any problem with paying that high fuel bill to people outside the U.S., who don't really like us here in the U.S. They really like our money and the fruits they get from our labor. Heaven Forbid, the U.S. Farmer, who we all know will spend his money here at home and employ our workers, makes a little more money on the fruits of our labor, here in the U.S.

Yes, its going to take some changes on the way we are use to doing things. That is what Change, Progress, and Evolution is all about. Please try to be open-minded.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:45 AM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

I just wish I could get ethanol around here. So far, I havent seen it. My truck is bi-fuel right from the factory. It would be nice to put some of my fuel costs back into American pockets. Maybe soon it will be here.

Quick Reply: Ethanol, just not the real thing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.