Notices

Milky oil

Old 07-13-2006, 08:43 AM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Milky oil

True.. thats annother good idea. Could get water in if one pops or the intake corroded or cracked internally..
I mentioned what I did earlier because depending on where the boat is kept it could have corroded, or if the water from the oil cooler wasnt drained It would be suspect to me incase it froze for one ... Jamie
Old 07-13-2006, 08:47 AM
Commercial Member

Joe, you must have been posting at the same time... That is a good question. Why install an engine that has suspect "issues" ??? It seems like a waste of timem & money to me...

To the person with these woes. Is the shop doing the work reputable? Or refered to you by someone you trust?? Or just some place you you looked up & tried on a whim... I am not trying to be rude, I am just curious. As I would not install an engine with something like that unless I found & fixed what I thought to be the problem first.. Keep us posted..

Jamie / Lakeside
Old 07-13-2006, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DONZI33
Before jumping to conclusions are there oil coolers on this application?? Yes it could still be a HD gskt, but I have seen coolers do some funny stuff too.. Jamie / Lakeside
Just wondering why you would think oil coolers?
He said the problem showed when the engine was run out of the boat. Were the oil coolers even hooked up at that time?
Old 07-13-2006, 10:53 AM
Commercial Member

the oil coolers IMO should have been on to run it. The coolers can deriorate or rupture inside letting oil in water or vice versa.. Im not saying it is his problem, but it could be. I usually have to replace a few a year because of deterioration or someone winterizing themself & forgetting to drain the water out of them eventhough they drained the manifolds & block. I only said it as a thought so if it was a cooler that the person didnt go thru unecessary head work & expense.. Jamie / Lakeside
Old 07-13-2006, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Donzi:
You make a good point. I was just wondering about running the engine out of the boat with the oil cooler. I wonder how many people actually do that.
That's why I like coming here, I learn something new every day!