Need sea strainers.... >

Need sea strainers....

Notices

Need sea strainers....

Old 07-24-2006, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need sea strainers....

Well after suckin up some sea grass at the Chicago Poker Run I know now is the time to get some strainers in the system.
I'm leaning towards the Hardin Marine ones...they look like a good thought out unit.
Any other ones look worthy?
Attached Thumbnails Need sea strainers....-strainers.jpg  

Last edited by Back4More; 07-24-2006 at 09:44 PM.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:57 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Need sea strainers....

I bought KPM from Fred and am very pleased. They work great and look great too.
Attached Thumbnails Need sea strainers....-1_akpmstr.jpg   Need sea strainers....-100_0089.jpg  
Old 07-25-2006, 03:08 PM
Registered

They look pretty nice but my past dealings with KPM is not a positive one...though I would buy the Hardin's from Fred.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:15 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

my kpms look like crap after less than a year, and the red scuff pad filter media is a pain to clean after you get sand in them. i asked raceangel if they would do anything for me and he never seemed to find time to reply to my post. im plan on putting some stainless sceen in mine before installing my blower motors and rounding the edges so the lid isn't such a pain to install after i clean them out. the stainless ones will probably look good for years instead of months.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:01 AM
Registered

bump
Old 07-30-2006, 11:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ratman
my kpms look like crap after less than a year, and the red scuff pad filter media is a pain to clean after you get sand in them. i asked raceangel if they would do anything for me and he never seemed to find time to reply to my post. im plan on putting some stainless sceen in mine before installing my blower motors and rounding the edges so the lid isn't such a pain to install after i clean them out. the stainless ones will probably look good for years instead of months.
Hi ratman;
I responded to your original post. I also Emailed you through the site. Firstly; we offered to send you new strainers in return for yours. The reason is that we sell thousands of these a year, 700 in america last year , and this is the first time we have come accross this. As a result I want to see them. Phone dan and he has been expecting your phone call since I emailed you to send you some replacements.
When I recieve your strainers i would like your permission to post our results on OSO.
KPM are always happy to talk to customers and I generally phone them myself from home in the UK no matter how small the problem.
With reference to the filter It is obvioulsy doing the job. If you need new filters why dont ya just phone us and we will send you some free of charge in the post. Again we have never replaced one of these filters. If your wife/partner lets you stick it in the dishwasher , but not with glass or ceramics.

Pick up the phone and give us a call. Everyone else does

Jules
Old 07-30-2006, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

thx raceangel for stepping up to the plate, i will send them to fred at trick and ask him to forward them to you. i really thinks it good of you to stand behind your products. i've tried to be a good customer, i bought 2 each of your 2stage pumps, strainers, bellhousings, and single stage pump rebuilds. i have much better piece of mind now. thx again, ratman
Old 07-30-2006, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ratman
thx raceangel for stepping up to the plate, i will send them to fred at trick and ask him to forward them to you. i really thinks it good of you to stand behind your products. i've tried to be a good customer, i bought 2 each of your 2stage pumps, strainers, bellhousings, and single stage pump rebuilds. i have much better piece of mind now. thx again, ratman

Phil,

Send the strainers on and I'll send two new ones to you compliments of KPM.

And yes, you have been a great customer of both Trick Marine and KPM.

Give me a call tomorrow.

Thanks,
Fred