Bravo nightmares >

Bravo nightmares

Notices

Bravo nightmares

Old 07-26-2006, 10:39 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Re: Bravo nightmares

11K sounds large, I am teaching some in the business. What is a bottom line price.
Bob
847-514-1964
Old 07-26-2006, 10:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rbeyer,
Our Boat is a 2005 Sonic 386sts with Innovation 800's
Here's the thread with my Konrad install.http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ghlight=konrad
The engines didn't move foward with my install.
Tom
Old 07-26-2006, 11:00 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

I love it. What kind of cost each and availability.
I have no room for engine movement with the pro-cahrger, it is very close!!!
Old 07-26-2006, 11:05 PM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

The Imco is basically similar to an XR. They're stronger than a Bravo but still not bullet proof. The Konrad or Imco 1000 use a transmission in the extension box, both of those drives are rated for more hp than you are running. The B-Max upper is way stronger than an XR, but it still uses Bravo type lowers and shifts in the upper drive unit. You will probably never break the upper in a B-Max, you'll tear up lowers.
Konrad Ace or Imco 1000 is probably your best alternative but it's going to be more money than a B-Max upper. How much do you want to spend and how much reliability do you want?
Old 07-26-2006, 11:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Bob,
The price as gone up since my conversion was done. The best person to call would be Mindi Doller @ Doller Offshore. She will be happy to give you an accurate price for the conversion. Her number is 954-237-0332. Hope this helps.
Tom
Old 07-27-2006, 03:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by BADKACHINA
The Imco is basically similar to an XR. They're stronger than a Bravo but still not bullet proof. The Konrad or Imco 1000 use a transmission in the extension box, both of those drives are rated for more hp than you are running. The B-Max upper is way stronger than an XR, but it still uses Bravo type lowers and shifts in the upper drive unit. You will probably never break the upper in a B-Max, you'll tear up lowers.
Konrad Ace or Imco 1000 is probably your best alternative but it's going to be more money than a B-Max upper. How much do you want to spend and how much reliability do you want?
Imco 1000 I heard is 35,000$,Smitty
Old 07-27-2006, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by articfriends
It sounds like you are just done with bravos but your choices are limited for a bolt on replacement. On the bigger boats a konrad bravo conversion could be a good set-up but unless you can move engine forward some and re-rig some things it will be difficult.The only "bolt-on" drive that I know of is a b-max,super hd upper gears,bigger and heavier too if you don't mind ,still uses stock xr lower gears,this year they are treating them with some kind of a process though. They have a hd lower with beefy gears every one is talking about but it is not for regular bravo props or speed boats.The thing I would look at is who is building your drives,what is going in them,is someone telling you the regular parts are as good as the aftermarket ones? I am running around 950 hp in a boat close to the same size and weight as yours,my upper gears are going on 4 years old. I built my own bravo drive using the upgrade parts from max machine worxs,regular xr upper gears they supposedly put thru some kind of process,a hd steel tower,billet top cap,different thrust bearings and inside bearings in the gears,hd steel spanner nut where stock one is aluminum,billet steel seal holder where input shaft goes in,billet input yoke,hd shaft going thru the cone clutch,hd coupler,billet vert shaft,billet prop shaft. I run a 30 pitch labbed bravo and 32 pitch labbed bravo depending how much fuel and passengers I have in my boat.My old motor was a blown 540 making around 725-750 hp,I would take off from rolling start at wfo all the time,every winter I tore drive down and checked the gears and bearings for wear or scarring,the stuff would look like new. I did shear off a vertical shaft one time putting boat into full boost over and over and over again trying to see if I could keep jumping waves going down river being a dumbazz but that was stupidity on my part. I have since upgraded motor further to mid 900 hp/tq range,lower gears have became a issue lasting about 40-50 hours before they start chipping away a eating them selves up but a B-max uses the same ones so it wouldn't help in my case. But as far as you puking drives in 7 hours with 750-800 hp in a light boat there are parts out there that will hold up 100 plus hours unless your just a madman when taking off. Ian blain,aka patriyacht has 700 hp N/A 540motors in a 13,000lb plus black thunder without many drive issues running bravo's, Smitty
I'm running with Max stuff as well. Works great. I'm a little bigger wiht more power and have not had a problem.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:53 AM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

Originally Posted by articfriends
Imco 1000 I heard is 35,000$,Smitty

That's pricey.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:02 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by RBeyer
11K sounds large, I am teaching some in the business. What is a bottom line price.
Bob
847-514-1964
Well, that's what it costs. It is reasonable when you consider an XR is somewhere near $7K, IMCO Extreme SC is $9K... Kondrad will cost you????? I blew two IMCO Extreme uppers last year. One was totaled and cost me $6K for the upper alone, the second drive cost $2K to repair.

Call Dean @ the bravo shop and see if he has any R&D drives, they'll run you $7500 but you may have to wait for them.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:05 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by NJSONIC
Rbeyer,
Our Boat is a 2005 Sonic 386sts with Innovation 800's
Here's the thread with my Konrad install.http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ghlight=konrad
The engines didn't move foward with my install.
Tom
Did the motors have to be raised?

I shyed away because the cost was double and it would require to put hatch scoops on cause my motors were already 3/4" away from the bottom of the hatch.

Quick Reply: Bravo nightmares

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.