condensation watertemp ? >

condensation watertemp ?

Notices

condensation watertemp ?

Old 08-15-2006, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default condensation watertemp ?

I have 2 fresh 502 mpi noticed water in oil last week went in to shock pulled plugs most have moisture, good compression all cylinders. pulled manifold water in bottom (dana flows) water temp runs around 150 could this be condensation or do I have bigger problems? no water in starboard side but moisture on plugs. Seems like I had a trace of moisture in starboard last year but changed and it went away. Both motors seem to have the same symptons. Would hotter thermostat help? I'm in east tenn fairly humid don't know if this matters. motors run fine. Just don't to do any damage
Old 08-15-2006, 09:36 AM
Registered

Default Re: condensation watertemp ?

What risers are you using? What was done to your 502's? Specifically the camshaft.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:03 AM
Registered

I have the long aluminum risers the engine work nothing big time a little head work. roller cam nothing real radical i'll find the specs tonite tyler crokett reprogramed the ecm I gave him spec and said reversion shouldn't be a problem K&N arrester thats about it. I have adjustable fuel pressure regulators but haven't put them on. I do like the dana flows. I also have external exhaust flappers
Old 08-15-2006, 03:34 PM
Registered

cam specs comp cam part 11-000-8 gross valve lift int .569 exh. .578 duration@ .006 tappet lift int 275 exh 282 valve timing @ .050 open int 2 btdc exh 53 bbdc close int 42 abdc exh 3 atdc these specs are for cam installed @110.0intake center line duration @.050 intake .224 exhaust .230 lobe lift intake .3350 exhaust .3400 lobe seperation 114.0
Old 08-15-2006, 03:50 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Was the dock or heads decked ? I've seen a few 454/502 MPI's leak water from intake manifold not machined to fit new location of the head ports from block and/or heads being cut.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:26 PM
Registered

yes they were with some port work. would this happen on both engines? I didn't do any of the work. It just seems odd that moisture is showing up on both motors doesn't it.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:58 AM
Registered

Is there any way too much water pressure could cause any of this? I'm desperate and grasping at straws
Old 08-16-2006, 08:23 AM
Registered

i was having the same problem with my 502, like you i was concerned. i took the boat to my engine builder, he said if the intake gasket was leaking the oil level in the pan would rise,mine was fine, motor ran great.i did notice the motor was sweating when not in use,i pulled the valve covers and they were wet underneath,aluminum rockers were also. flushed the motor out with fresh oil,even pulled the oil pan plug to make sure i got as much out as possible, refilled with with fresh oil and ran and it was fine. engine builder told me to leave the oil caps off the motor when not in use so it can breath. seems to have solved the issue so far.i just check it before every use,by the way this occcured during hot humid weather.i 'm running the crane 731 roller,with lightning headers, 140 t stat
Old 08-16-2006, 08:56 AM
Registered

Thanks I'm willing to try anything
Old 08-16-2006, 09:23 AM
Registered

To have condensation in the valve train is common, especially on motors not running a thermostat. My initial thought is you're expiriencing a reversion problem. The long alumium risers are borderline on the cam your using. How bad is the oil milking up?

Quick Reply: condensation watertemp ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.