porpusing problem >

porpusing problem

Notices

porpusing problem

Old 08-25-2006, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: porpusing problem

SWA--- If you have already called, then you already know. But if not; Talk to Julie or Matt and they will steer you right. Hydromotive makes props in every inch increment and Throttle-Up will make just what you need in between. You just have to buy the one that they customize for you. --- Jer
Old 08-26-2006, 10:19 AM
Registered

jer, So I guess a bravo doesnt have to be put on this boat. I was told not to switch brands of props....
Old 08-26-2006, 10:44 PM
Registered

try a rev4 by merc a 23p they work well with stock bajas
Old 08-26-2006, 11:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by swaaby
ECeptor, If I remember right I think I was maxed on RPM's.
If you were maxed out rpm, but losing top end, our slip is too high. Go up a pitch or 2, but stick with the 4 blade. Some slip is good. If its still too much, try a spacer or a slight cup, but if its running right witout the cup, dont put one in. I hade hydromotive p-5's (no cup) and my boat ran awesome but i lost about 10mph top end. I ten tried merc props uo one pitch and with a cup and my boat ran like crap in anything but calm water. to much bow lift for a chop. I thinking abut trying a set of 6 blades no cup to try and reduce the slip or add a small spacer with the hydromotives.
Old 08-27-2006, 08:02 AM
Registered

I have a 93 nova spyder when i bought the boat it had a 23 mirage on it the boat would lean over towards left and would porpuse had to constantly adjust trim tabs. It would run level and straight if i got above 3800 with no tabs. I switched to bravo 1 24 pitch that cured the leaning and porpusing. But now I have the bravo1 24 labbed by hydromotive and the leaning and porpusing is back
Old 09-04-2006, 10:25 AM
Registered

Ok, A friend and I took the boat out Sunday morning(finally) on glass we trimmed the lower unit down and leveled the trim tabs like always. we got on plane then climbed up to 45. We started to raise the lower unit then started porpusing.we dropped the trim tabs, then it stopped, so then we opened it up we got to 4700 rpm and the rev limitor started hitting we were not at full throttle. so we went back and loaded up. we looked at the prop and its a 21 pitch mirage plus 3 blade. so I'm totally confused we dropped the lower unit while it was on the trailer, he said that my cavatation plates should be even with the bottom of the boat. Well mine are about 2inches higher ( if that makes any sense) he said I needed more prop.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:12 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your cavitaion plate should not be even with the bottom of your boat. That would put your prop shaft about 6" below the bottom. I would say that is to low. I agree you need more prop. Try a 23p Mirage+ or a 22P Bravo1. You can find them on Ebay, then sell what you don't want.
What speed did you max out at? That will tell everyone your slip numbers.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:34 AM
Registered

Thanks we put a 3 blade 25 pitch and it did really good. I felt like there was no boat in the water. We got up to 62 mph with 4 adults and 2 kids. the porpusing stopped when we leveled off the trim tabs rpms were at 4700ish and no rev limitor problems
Old 09-05-2006, 08:48 PM
Registered

Thank you all for the great info even though My information wasn't all that accurate. I need to slow down and pay closer attention to the finer details of my boat. I did not realize all the intersting detail and craftsmanship that goes into a hull and everything else. You guys that gave your knowledge and experience thankyou again, I would love to be able to buy you all a cocktail Thanks again as I always say a true boater is a good person especially if you own a BAJA.... hahaha just kidding thanks again, Curt
Old 09-06-2006, 09:42 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by swaaby
Thank you all for the great info even though My information wasn't all that accurate. I need to slow down and pay closer attention to the finer details of my boat. I did not realize all the intersting detail and craftsmanship that goes into a hull and everything else. You guys that gave your knowledge and experience thankyou again, I would love to be able to buy you all a cocktail Thanks again as I always say a true boater is a good person especially if you own a BAJA.... hahaha just kidding thanks again, Curt
Let the record show that Swaaby owes the tech section a round of cocktails.

A labbed prop would probably be cheaper

Quick Reply: porpusing problem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.