Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Are all boat dealers too rich to return phone calls?? >

Are all boat dealers too rich to return phone calls??

Notices

Old 09-27-2006, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are all boat dealers too rich to return phone calls??

Hey guys,

I am trying to buy a new c/c and have not yet been able to find a dealer that will do what they say they will. I will not mention names, but some of these dealers sponsor parts of this website. First dealer, called them 10 times in 4 days, spoke to the same salesman, and every time he said " I will get the pics and info on the boat and call you back". No pics, and no call back, I gave up. Second dealer, I called them at least five times and was promised a return call, I heard everything from, "he's at lunch" to "he's on another line and will call you right back". Finally a call back from another person at the dealership (not the person I asked for) wanting to know what I'm looking for. Third dealer, called and got right through, deal just wasn't great, so called back with some other options to try and make a deal and can't get a returned phone call (5 times). Fourth dealer, I found a boat they had on the lot but it was sold. The salesman calls me back and says " I have the perfect boat coming in in three days from another location and will email you the pics tomorrow. Needless to say, called at least 10 times in one week and no pics. Finally got the pics a week later and was interested. I called the dealer to set up a viewing of the boat and he said " the boat has a scuff in the gel that needs to be fixed first and I'll call you when this is done, it might take a week". I called a week later and they said "we never got the boat, sorry". What happen to the boat???? Is it just me are all the dealers just selling too many boats and making so much money they don't have time to work a deal??? I buy a boat at least every 2 years and cars every year. I have never had a problem in the car business getting a call back. Being self employed in the sales industry I wish I never had to call anyone back and sold my product. Anyone else in my shoes????

Last edited by NOMOGOFAST; 09-27-2006 at 03:49 PM.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:00 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Default Re: Are all boat dealers too rich to return phone calls??

I thought you where dealing with some big name dealers even ones that advertise on here.Is all concept and donzi dealers these way.It must be cause your looking for a c.c. instead of a performance boat.It doesn't surprise me at all.
Call Pat at Active Thunder and he'll build you one.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:15 PM
Registered

Hey Doc,

I am dealing with the some of the biggest dealers. I don't think I would buy from any of them now. I can't get any service before the sale, so I can imagine what it would be like after the sale. Maybe I'll just go boatless for a while, and buy a ferrari or 911 turbo (same money).
Old 09-28-2006, 07:53 AM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im not.. But I am mainly into service, Custom & resto... Boat Sales is not something I am heavily into.. I return all recieved calls & emails with in 24 hrs or less. Unless voice mail or email missed something.. Because of this it has kept my shop busy year round in the North East... I do this because my wife & I feel customer service is paramount.. We hate having to kiss a$$ to spend money as well... We usually do business with the place that calls us back promptly with proper answers when we need something... (example car, truck, contractor, etc...) We feel even if they are a little more you will get what you are paying for & be happy in the end.... Jamie/Lakeside
Old 09-28-2006, 08:05 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by hudsonslingshot
I would replace "all" by "some" and replace "rich" by "incompetent".

Then the answer is "Yes"
Old 09-28-2006, 08:19 AM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GLH
I would replace "all" by "some" and replace "rich" by "incompetent".

Then the answer is "Yes"
That's a good way of putting it for some... J
Old 09-28-2006, 11:45 AM
Registered

Had the same problem last year. Multiple phone calls, e-mails and no response and I was a repeat customer. Instead of new I bought used. The idiot still has the new one in stock 10 months later and is advertising "huge discount" now. They can choke on it.