Making lines for Mercury trim pumps >

Making lines for Mercury trim pumps

Notices

Making lines for Mercury trim pumps

Old 11-27-2006, 10:17 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Making lines for Mercury trim pumps

I need to make up some lines for two mercury trim pumps to run two mercury 300X offshore trim rams.

Can anyone tell me what size braided hose to use (what dash size) and what fittings I need?( from the outboard rams to the in boat pumps) I will just buy a 20ft roll of it once I know what size is needed.

Im based in New Zealand and need to try and order it in one go otherwise it takes forever to show up.

cheers
Old 11-28-2006, 12:56 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Making lines for Mercury trim pumps

Geeze. It's been a while for me. I know that I bought the parts from either Summit or Jegs. I used -3 braided lined brake hose. It took a little searching, but they also had the correct adapter to adapt the pump to the AN fitting. I know it's not much help, but it'll at least get you started.

Originally Posted by Waterboy123
I need to make up some lines for two mercury trim pumps to run two mercury 300X offshore trim rams.

Can anyone tell me what size braided hose to use (what dash size) and what fittings I need?( from the outboard rams to the in boat pumps) I will just buy a 20ft roll of it once I know what size is needed.

Im based in New Zealand and need to try and order it in one go otherwise it takes forever to show up.

cheers
Old 11-28-2006, 07:23 PM
Registered

This may sound crude, but I just used steel automotive brake line and bent it to run nice and clean along the stringer, worked fine. Real cheap, only cost about $15 for 2 runs.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:50 PM
Registered

Thanks guys, it's the fitting's part numbers that I would really like to try and find, would make life so much easier!!
Old 11-29-2006, 05:11 AM
Registered

the fitting are a us brake line inverted flare... either -3 or -4.

when i made mine i went thru all the same stuff you did until i found a supplier in maryland that would simply make them for me cheaper than i could buy the hose and make them myself. and he has the nice tight 90's that i COULDN'T get as a loose item. i know that it a real pain for you to oredr from the states but if thats an option for you i can supply you the info. also.... remember ... the factory lines had that plastic coating... which was wonderful. the std aeroquip type line won't and you have to be incredibly careful w/ the routing as it will saw thru anything it touches in a VERY short time. the above post that suggested a hard line is not a bad suggestion... i.e run a hard line for the majority of the thru boat run with the last foot on each end at a bulkhead fitting and the aeroquip from there as vibration/shock insulator. i have used that method often and it works very well.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:41 PM
Registered

Thanks stevesxm.

I was sent a pm by a guy who makes these lines up for offshore boats, I just need to send him the lengths and he is going to build them sounds a hell of a lot easier to me!!

Thanks for your help.

James
Old 12-05-2006, 08:23 PM
Registered

Waterboy123,
Could you PM with the guy's info? I am relocating two drive pumps on a project of mine and would like to have an alternate quote to my local Parker dealer.

Jim