Best clamp on mufflers

Notices

Best clamp on mufflers

Old 12-13-2006, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Best clamp on mufflers

Checks in the mail Wild Card!!

All kidding aside, we appreciate honest opinions on our products. We have several sets of CMI Sound Elimination Mufflers in stock, both transom mount and clamp on styles.

We'd like to know your horsepower and have you verify clearance from swimplatforms, water dumps, etc...
The largest diameter to be concerned with is 6" OD.

Let us know if we can help as we are Your CMI Source for exhaust headers and components.

Kirk
Ateco Engine and Dyno Shop

Last edited by Ateco; 12-13-2006 at 08:40 PM.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone have any experience with the Gibsons as far as sound reduction? I'm interested in a "full" time muffler so the CMI don't interest me. Thanks! Steve
Old 12-13-2006, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a set of gibsons on my Cig with blown 509's.

They take the bark out and I've never been stopped at LOTO in 2 years. Never measured the db
Old 12-13-2006, 10:53 PM
Registered

I have the CMI's on HP500 EFI engines. I was running open exhaust before. I really like the CMI's as well. We were having to yell at each other at idle before and now can talk in a normal voice at idle w/ the CMI's. The sound IS great above 3000 rpm. They still really knock down the noise, but they gets rid of the harshness of open exhaust, but the deep big block exhaust sound is still there. I can actually hear the gear whine of XR drives w/ the mufflers.

I also have noticed the rattle at idle. It really isn't that noisy of a rattle. To people who have a good ear for mechnical problems, you will think that something is coming apart, but for people who are oblivious, they'll never even notice.

Now that I've had the CMI's on, I'll never go back to open exhaust.

Garrett
Old 12-14-2006, 03:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FormulaM2Formula
I have the CMI's on HP500 EFI engines. I was running open exhaust before. I really like the CMI's as well. We were having to yell at each other at idle before and now can talk in a normal voice at idle w/ the CMI's. The sound IS great above 3000 rpm. They still really knock down the noise, but they gets rid of the harshness of open exhaust, but the deep big block exhaust sound is still there. I can actually hear the gear whine of XR drives w/ the mufflers.

I also have noticed the rattle at idle. It really isn't that noisy of a rattle. To people who have a good ear for mechnical problems, you will think that something is coming apart, but for people who are oblivious, they'll never even notice.

Now that I've had the CMI's on, I'll never go back to open exhaust.

Garrett
Thanks for the info. Looks like I will be going with the CMI's. I spoke with CMI today and they said they cured the rattle in the newer tips.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ateco
Checks in the mail Wild Card!!

All kidding aside, we appreciate honest opinions on our products. We have several sets of CMI Sound Elimination Mufflers in stock, both transom mount and clamp on styles.

We'd like to know your horsepower and have you verify clearance from swimplatforms, water dumps, etc...
The largest diameter to be concerned with is 6" OD.

Let us know if we can help as we are Your CMI Source for exhaust headers and components.

Kirk
Ateco Engine and Dyno Shop
Thank you for all the information. My boat is still being rigged at Nor-Tech. They will be handling the ordering and install.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SMITHBOY
Thank you for all the information. My boat is still being rigged at Nor-Tech. They will be handling the ordering and install.
YOU STILL WANT THE HOT BOAT MAG
Old 12-14-2006, 09:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BY U BOY, What month was the muffler article in? Thanks! Steve
Old 12-14-2006, 09:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 509 SC
BY U BOY, What month was the muffler article in? Thanks! Steve
MARCH 05
Old 12-14-2006, 11:10 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I also have the CMI's and they work great. 575 HP . Mine don't really rattle, just a nice sound. I too won't go back to open exhaust. Make's your boat more of a sleeper and Keeps the noise police happy. Can't beat it.

Quick Reply: Best clamp on mufflers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.