Need powdercoating info >

Need powdercoating info

Notices

Need powdercoating info

Old 12-31-2006, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need powdercoating info

Hey all, I hope some of you can give me some powdercoating info. I want to dress up my engine since I’m having an EMI exhaust system put on this winter (Merc 6.2 MPI). I have a new set of factory valve covers incoming and I want to have them powdercoated purple to match the manifolds and other items in the compartment. I can provide a color sample for matching. Does anyone know of a good place that can prep and powdercoat the covers? They’ll have the factory black paint and if possible I’d like to have them do the paint stripping/prep as well as the coating. For that matter does Eddie do any work on customer provided parts? I’ve purchased a lot of powdercoated parts but never had to have an existing part done. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Happy New Year!

John
Old 01-01-2007, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Need powdercoating info

Sorry, I don't know anyone, as I do my own. Don't know if you like doing your own work, but Powdercoating is very easy to do on your own. All you need is a $99 powdercoating kit a low volume, low pressure air supply and an old electric oven. I've done so much stuff over the years and it always works great.

Eastwood has everything you need. They've even got a color that looks like chrome and if you put the purple over top it looks like anodized. On my current rebuild I've done everything from intake to exhaust and it looks great.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:49 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look for a standard stock powder coat color - Custom powder colors are going to cost $ 750.00 + and take a couple of weeks - companys like Primatic or tiger have a pretty good selection of std stock colors -A standard color will set you back $ 100.00 or so - plus the cost of the application - Look for a powder coater in your area, they will be able to help you - A good powder job is all about the surfaces prep -
Old 01-02-2007, 06:37 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The best on Long Island is Jerry at RENU powdercoating 631-249-7368 He does most of the marine stuff around here.