EMI thunders >

EMI thunders

Notices

EMI thunders

Old 01-22-2007, 03:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EMI thunders

What can I expect if I drop the bucks and go aftermarket exhaust vs. stock manifolds. Just wondering some of your experiences. I have a 502 MPI with a cam and custom tune from Arizona speed and marine. Thanks
Old 01-22-2007, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: EMI thunders

1500.00+
I SAW A SET OF GILL MANIFOLDS ON EBAY FOR 1300.00 I THINK NEW.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB..._promot_widget
Old 01-22-2007, 11:19 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Well it seems that every onse says that it is one of the cheapest and largest hp gain for bolt on products............

I cant remember the "Rule of thumb" amount of HP mostly gained though
Jr.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:30 AM
Registered

Best money you can spend on your boat. My personal choice would be buy the lightest you can aford. I think the weight saving is as good as the HP gain. You can reprop for more lift as well and get a double wammy if you get it right. Jas
Old 01-23-2007, 07:25 AM
Registered

I just bought a new prop last fall took it out once but had eight people on board so I really couldn't see what it could do I was hoping to pick up a couple hundred rpm 24 5250 26 around 4800. I was wanting to land in between there so I bought a labbed 26 hopefully that will do the trick. Most of all I was hoping to shed some weight and pick up a little extra power out of some manifolds or headers. Since the engine already has a custom tune and cam from the previous owner, I figured it might benefit from different exhaust.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:32 PM
Registered

I'm considering going from stock iron to EMIs also. Anybody got any real numbers or rpm/speed gains? Yea, I know the bigger hp engines should gain more than stock. Anything negative about the EMIs?
Old 01-23-2007, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I have the EMI Thunders with long stainless risers. I saw 1 to 2 MPH increase. Sounds better runs better. Sleep better with no wet riser joint. This place has a good price. I bought my oil cooler from them last year. They give a discount for OSO members. They have good service and follow up. http://www.tpmarine.com/index.asp?Pa...S&Category=110

If you have any more questions let me know.

Good Luck!!
Old 01-24-2007, 06:44 AM
Registered

call fred at trick marine,he has very good pricing and takes care of his customers.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by awsomethunder
call fred at trick marine,he has very good pricing and takes care of his customers.

We've sold a lot of EMI Thunders and have had good results. The five year warranty is also a plus. If I can provide anyone with competitive pricing, please give me a call.

Fred
Trick Marine
866 921 4553
ww.trickmarine.net
Old 01-24-2007, 10:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kemiller
What can I expect if I drop the bucks and go aftermarket exhaust vs. stock manifolds. Just wondering some of your experiences. I have a 502 MPI with a cam and custom tune from Arizona speed and marine. Thanks
If you boat in fresh water...Have you considered KE's ? Lighter than the stock Merc, and as good or better than the SS headers.

Quick Reply: EMI thunders

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.