Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Dana Flow Torque Exhaust Manifold + Dana Vortex Exhaust Risers >

Dana Flow Torque Exhaust Manifold + Dana Vortex Exhaust Risers

Notices

Dana Flow Torque Exhaust Manifold + Dana Vortex Exhaust Risers

Old 02-12-2007, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, the aluminum risers don't offer as much power as the stainless Vortex risers. The aluminum risers do not have the internal vortex cone and merge collector. When buying the exhaust, I would suggest the hard anodize process (included in cost - not an xtra charge) for the manifolds. Once anodized, we would powdercoat them any solid color also included in the cost (black or silver). If a candy color is desired, add $150.00. The manifolds will hold up very well to salt water usage, as long as flushed. Going with the stainless risers would give you the most power and corrosion resistance. The aluminum risers can also be hard-ano'd and powdercoated so they are corrosion resistant. The aluminum risers were made primarily as an entry level system. Still get a decent increase over stock and a significant weight savings with a reasonable price tag. If you're after the most HP and torque, go with the Vortex stainless risers.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:11 AM
Registered

Dana, I have a 1998 7.4L MPI and I am looking at the hard anodized (silver) manifolds with stainless vortex risers. This is a straight thru hull application in a Velocity. Could you PM me a complete package price including gaskets and shift/oil brackets? Are there any issues with the MPI that would need to be addressed or is this a simple bolt on? and what is your lead time on these systems? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:19 AM
Registered

Dana,

do you have all these items in stock, along with the correct brackets to keep everything in place as stock?

thanks

Walt
Old 02-13-2007, 10:31 AM
Registered

We do have the systems in stock. The only thing on both of these applications that I do not have is the oil filter bracket for the late model MPI motor. These engines should currently have the oil filter mounted on a separate bracket that is mounted to the front of the engine (port side). The bracket holds the oil filter head and the drive resevoir bottle. We have a simple modification that we can do to the brackets, but I would need the brackets off your engine to do it. Other than that, it's a simple bolt on installation. The cost of a kit with Vortex risers is $2090.42. We would charge $50.00 to modify your oil filter brackets. You would receive all necessary parts for the install in that kit price.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dana,

Is the system (with SS vortex risers) compatable with Imco Sound Advantage ? If so, any issues ? Engine is a 555.

Thanks
Old 02-14-2007, 10:15 AM
Registered

The standard Voretex risers are too long to fit with any type of silent choice system. We've been shortening the vortex risers up for the 496 applications. If I had some dimensions I could confirm whether they would fit or not. Provide me with your email address and I ca provide a basic measurement sheet for you to fill out.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:47 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Dana,

Can you post the dimensions for the system, particularly crank center line to the top of the risers.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dana marine products
The standard Voretex risers are too long to fit with any type of silent choice system. We've been shortening the vortex risers up for the 496 applications. If I had some dimensions I could confirm whether they would fit or not. Provide me with your email address and I ca provide a basic measurement sheet for you to fill out.
email adress as follows; [email protected]

Thanks
Old 02-15-2007, 05:09 PM
Registered

Dana,

is it best to order the products off your website or phone? Also i am thinking of having you powdercoat them a color you have on your website, how does this powdercoating process hold up in salt water, as most of my boating is in the salt.

thanks

Walt
Old 02-16-2007, 05:31 PM
Registered

Dana:
Do you offer a dry exhaust/tailpipe version of the vortex tailpipes? If not, can you make the s/s vortex risers a "restricted flow" type by maybe welding a bung into them to dump most of the water overboard?
I have a pretty radical solid roller (255 deg @ .050" intake duration) in my 540 and I am thinking that it would be best if I went to dry tailpipe setup.
Also, what is the i.d. size of the primaries on your header/manifolds?
Thx.

Quick Reply: Dana Flow Torque Exhaust Manifold + Dana Vortex Exhaust Risers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.