Kaama to TRS? >

Kaama to TRS?

Notices

Kaama to TRS?

Old 02-06-2007, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Kaama to TRS?

Is it possible to convert a boat that came with Kaama Drives to a TRS setup? How much of a hassle would it be?? Thanks, M.T.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:38 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Kaama to TRS?

I think you have to change the height of the engine, not sure if it has to move forward or back, but why would anyone want to change? If you know someone that is, let me know. I'd like to have a spare housing. A Trs would lose at least 10 mph over the Kaama. Don't get me wrong, I have a Trs in the 22 Donzi, and I love not having to worry about breaking a drive, but it's no comparison to running my Formula with Kaamas.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...84901719480369
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...96774749998736
Old 02-06-2007, 05:38 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would consider a change to Konrad before TRS. I have no idea if there would be any glass work involved with either. I would think the engine and trans could stay right where they are. So that isa plus.

I understand the parts are pretty generic for Kamma drives. Why would you want to swap them?
Old 02-06-2007, 08:17 PM
Registered

the seller wants to keep the kaamas for his other boat. konrads would be nice, but I dont want to spend 20k for a pair of drives for an old boat. LOL, the drives would be worth more than the boat.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:45 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If you need TRS then I am selling a pair.

Jon
Old 02-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I have seen a boat that someone had changed from Kaama's to bravos and did a terrible job. There are several big hurdles. The Kaamas usually had twindisc drop center transmissions that won't work with TRS or Konrad. The Kaama hole is typically very low and would need to be completely filled. And many other issues. I think that the level of diffuculty would be similar no matter what drives you changed it too (except non drop center Arnesons).
Old 02-06-2007, 10:02 PM
Registered

I actually thought the same thing after looking at how low the hole in the transom is with the Kaamas compared to a trs or bravo. Darn!
Old 02-07-2007, 03:09 AM
Registered

10 years to late to be buying TRS the way i see it. I have only ever seen broken ones or just about broken ones. Either way the same result. B.O.A.T. Bring out another thousand!!. Jas
Old 02-07-2007, 07:00 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

You may want to consider changing the boat to whatever type of drives that a similar newer model from the same manufacturer would use. That would probably be the least expensive route and provide the best resale if it is a really good hull to begin with. And also based on the intended power and use of the boat.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by IRONMAN
You may want to consider changing the boat to whatever type of drives that a similar newer model from the same manufacturer would use. That would probably be the least expensive route and provide the best resale if it is a really good hull to begin with. And also based on the intended power and use of the boat.
That would be to Bravos, which would entail moving the engine up or down, and back, more than likely the change of center of gravity would make a porpoising machine.

Quick Reply: Kaama to TRS?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.