Question about dry exhaust??? >

Question about dry exhaust???

Notices

Question about dry exhaust???

Old 02-09-2007, 02:44 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree, you are in trouble.. If she doenst like loud, your done!!
As far as the size of the dump, years ago I built my own tail pipes. Ended up with a spacer (1/4") between the inner and outer pipes, then I cut three slots about 3/8" wide, equally around the pipe. So there was one slot at 12:00 o'clock and one at 4 and 8 o'clock. Never had any problems. Later I had CMI build my tails this way, with the inner pipe about 2" longer than the outer. Now I clamp on a set of 4" Borla mufflers, and the water is dumped in front of the mufflers. Pretty quiet and takes the edge off. But people can still hear me. The water police dont bother me.. And the jury is still out on wheather or not I am leaving HP on the table. I have made one pass without the mufflers and seen no gain in speed. Just made an extreme amount of noise.

And again.. your in trouble.. she will need some serious noise protection. .. good luck!!

Hope this helps.. D*i*c*k
Old 02-09-2007, 05:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Greg, The motors are 525's and are suppose to be quiet. I want to be there when you start the daytona with the new pipes, Kate will want to ride in my quiet boat. Good luck. Doug
Old 02-09-2007, 06:12 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 27daytona
Greg, The motors are 525's and are suppose to be quiet. I want to be there when you start the daytona with the new pipes, Kate will want to ride in my quiet boat. Good luck. Doug
That's exactly what I'm afraid of! And if mine is louder than yours I'm going to shoot myself...that is if I can beat Kate to it.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:35 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Whiteknuckle
Prepare to get your ass kicked!
LMAO.

Then again, the few times a year that my wife comes out with me, she complains about the noise. Even with the GGB's.

She never heard it full dry with out the mufflers.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Too Loud

My New 598 With Drys Litterally Will Set Off Car Alarms In The Boat Launch At 75 Feet Away When It Fires Crazy Loud Goi Ng To Add Cmi Soun D Eliminations This Year For Sure !!! But It Sounds Awsom For A While . Plus You Wont Hear Youre Wife Telling You To Slow Down !!
Old 02-10-2007, 06:28 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Dry is louder. Don't cave to the whiners. My wife doesn't complain. The dog hops right in. Can't see it in the picture, but my Stellings dump at the end. No pressure problems. Maybe a little too free flowing at idle. Your going to be fine. Eric
Attached Thumbnails Question about dry exhaust???-dcbdanita1rearviewweb.jpg  
Old 02-10-2007, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=grads2112;2020585]Why would you put a bung in it and plumb it throught the hull? Now I'm completely confused. The water is going to dump through that hole and thats it.[/QUOT

with such a large hole on the bottom of the tail , as well as the 1/4 weep hole, your transom depending on how far the pipes stick out, will infact get burned. the porpose for the bung is to plumb the exiting water over board.without creating a fit problem due to the bung not fitting thru the transom. dry means dry. many people attempt this with some sucess but end creating other problems such as burnt transoms and reversion issues or even burnt valves.

good luck
Old 02-12-2007, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Whiteknuckle
Prepare to get your ass kicked!
yeap my wife hasn't been out since the dry pipes well once or twice
Old 02-15-2007, 08:56 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry I didn't see this thread sooner... I personally wouldn't wand dry again. I love loud, but the dry is really an unpleasant loud. My buddy GL with his wet 900's is very loud but low pitch and perfect. And perhaps it's just my application because I have no other experience, but my dry had a very unique high pitch loud that was tough on the ears.

I'll look for videos...
Old 02-15-2007, 09:04 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

http://www.h20htr.com/videos/neilsboat.wmv

http://media.putfile.com/DPTRunning

http://media.putfile.com/DPTs-Run

Quick Reply: Question about dry exhaust???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.