Repower Feedback

Notices

Repower Feedback

Old 02-11-2007, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Repower Feedback

Hey everyone,

It's so darned close to March here in PA. I'm getting boat fever badly wanting to do away with this freezing winter.

Anyway, my question is about an engine retailer on EBay. Daddyo Marine seems to have great feedback, lots of transactions and a good product. My question to the forum is;

Has anyone ever heard of, worked with or bought from Daddyo Marine whom is out of Ft. Lauderdale? They have a great deal for a bobtail reman 454 which is the exact replacement to what I currently run and I need to repower. I have been looking at many solutions, but this is looking really good as it’s all new or reman.

Any experience with this company?
Old 08-31-2011, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Their engines are junk

wish I would have read this blog first but I bought one from Daddy-o and regret it. I ordered a 350 marine engine from Daddy-O's marine and it showed up and looked great but when the local boat shop put it in and tested it on the water it had a huge oil leak in the port valve cover and a other large leak in the oil pan. It leaked 2 quarts in 20 minutes. Unacceptable! I called Anthony who is the sales rep there who sold me the motor. He said to put some heavy weight motor oil in it or stop leak. What a joke! this is a brand new rebuilt motor and should not leak. I have called multiple times and each time they refuse to do anything about it. I almost forgot. The carburetor they sent with the motor was also defective. To their credit, I did send it back and they sent me a replacement that worked but I had to pay for shipping. I will send anyone the mechanics report on the poor quality of this engine. Just email me at [email protected]