Apologies to BAM >

Apologies to BAM

Notices

Apologies to BAM

Old 02-22-2007, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apologies to BAM

Hey Guys, I posted on here a few weeks ago that I had bought an injector from Marc at BAM, and that it was faulty, and I was displeased with his CS. I would like to apologize, seeing that I just ordered 12 new ones, and 4 of those were faulty too, and they came straight from Mercury. Marc, please accept my apologies, for firing off my mouth, before firing on 100% of my brain capacity!

On a second note, I have had a total of 28 injectors between 2 8 cylinder motors. of those 16, yes 16 have had flow, or fan problems when flowed on a bench. 5 of them have been brand new, with one of those having no flow at all. How does that happen, has anyone heard of that? I am down to my last 2 that need to be replaced, and I'll have all 16 with good flow. I only run super, and replace the filters on sched. I am going to be running a cleaner from here on out. I could understand the old ones being bad, but to have 5 new ones just blows me away.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:43 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 159 Likes on 89 Posts

Thanks, I appreciate that. Sometimes apologizing is the hardest thing to do.
Apology sincerely accepted.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always like to hear the good and bad. Thanks for clearing up.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:12 PM
instigator
Platinum Member

I have a gas injector test bench.... I am in S. Fla., I have had the bench for about 13 years, in fact, I had the first bench in Fla.....

I do between 8-10 sets a week of different makes, models and descriptions......

BY FAR, in marine applications, I see a LOT of defective Merc product, both new and used... don't know the what's or why's, but I do know there is some difficult running engines because of it. On the outboards, we are seeing a LOT of debris in the injector filters due to the fuel rails scaling or dusting internally, this is a fairly recent phenomenon that I attribute to the new alky blended fuels. It's been a mess for a LOT of people the last 8-10 months especially.

JH
Old 02-22-2007, 06:51 PM
Registered

Hang in there Unbroken, sometimes my boat gets me down when things dont go right, but when im on the water its all worth it. [if I forget how much money I spend on it] lol
Old 02-22-2007, 08:50 PM
Registered

Thanks Guys, I appreciate it, and Marc, saying sorry should be easy when you realize your an idiot, and get a taste of humble pie.

As for the injectors, its weird as hell. I had 6 new injectors today. I stuck them in the motor. These were flowed yesterday and worked good. Today, 2 of them did not work at all. I put two of the old ones that didn't flow well, and the thing runs like a scalded dog. DOes anyone make aftermarket for these things, cause it sucks.

Now the good news, I ran 3 hours on the lake today, and while I was there most of the day changing out injectors, I was floating, and that made it all the better. 80 degrees, and sunny. Yee haa!
Old 02-22-2007, 10:11 PM
Michigan Mad Man
Racer

Originally Posted by unbroken
Thanks Guys, I appreciate it, and Marc, saying sorry should be easy when you realize your an idiot, and get a taste of humble pie.

As for the injectors, its weird as hell. I had 6 new injectors today. I stuck them in the motor. These were flowed yesterday and worked good. Today, 2 of them did not work at all. I put two of the old ones that didn't flow well, and the thing runs like a scalded dog. DOes anyone make aftermarket for these things, cause it sucks.

Now the good news, I ran 3 hours on the lake today, and while I was there most of the day changing out injectors, I was floating, and that made it all the better. 80 degrees, and sunny. Yee haa!

Did you ever check your fuel tank?? you should not be having that many problems. Tyler
Old 02-22-2007, 10:12 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Do you have to use injectors from Merc, auto ones aren't the same?
Old 02-23-2007, 12:45 AM
Registered

Tyler, drained it, and I am on my 3rd round of fuel.

I haven't found any that match the injector thats in it.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:24 AM
Michigan Mad Man
Racer

Originally Posted by unbroken
Tyler, drained it, and I am on my 3rd round of fuel.

I haven't found any that match the injector thats in it.
What injector are you using. And what year and model engine?. You may also want another finer filter after the tank.

Quick Reply: Apologies to BAM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.