Old 02-25-2007, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default superchargers

Wipple vs ATI procharger...Is one any better than the other
Old 02-25-2007, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

I ProCharged and I,m very happy with other modifications a 20 MPH gain 454 Mag.
Better?
Old 02-25-2007, 08:57 PM
Registered

Well, that is a good question..both are "good"..but there are major differences..The Screw type Whipple supercharger is the best "roots" supercharger,IMO..A roots SC will make more power than a Cent S at lower RPM's. A roots SC is also always self lubricating..A Cent S may or may not be, which means you would have to tap into your oil pan & bring an oil line to it. They both have their ups and downs, I like the look of the roots type better... Also, consider that all the major car manufacturers use the roots or screw type blower..but the Cent type seems to be the most common in the aftermarket world. Just do your research & make sure your engine can handle it...you can google roots vs centrifugal & learn more.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The PC will be easier on your outdrive. You're going to get a lot of opinions but i'm happy with mine. The good thing about a PC is the remote intercooler. If you frag a blower it will catch the debris. I'm not sure about the whipple. With a little "extra work" you could be running mid 80's.
Attached Thumbnails superchargers-img_0484.jpg   superchargers-img_0485.jpg  
Old 02-26-2007, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts

Centrifugal systems can be packaged around the engine in a number of ways. Procharger uses a remote intercooler connected with hoses; we like to integrate the intercooler into the intake manifold. Either method allows for a much bigger intercooler than is possible with a positive displacement blower mounted on the intake. This is important because it keeps you farther away from detonation, a supercharged engine's greatest enemy.

Packaging is important when selling to boat builders. This is an Rtech system on Konrad's new 800SCi engine/ACE drive package. Same height as a 525EFI, same length as a V-10.
Attached Thumbnails superchargers-card-back-mod1-email.jpg  

Last edited by tomcat; 02-26-2007 at 11:00 AM.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

I like the way the roots or Whipple system looks on an engine, but there is something to be said about those "hair dryer" set-ups like the ATI, Vortec, Procharger systems.

BTW, there's a pretty interesting induction system that Dave Wesseldyk (WESCO) personally created for the M5 Procharger he's using.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:44 PM
Registered

I know with a wipple there is a ECU flash required, and with the procharger there isnt and ATI's claim is that their system doesn't produce the heat a wipple system does causing the detonation promblem. But my concern with the procharger if there isnt any ecu flash and there only upgrade the the fuel systm is an extra or bigger fuel pump then how lean will that run.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kennyo
The PC will be easier on your outdrive. You're going to get a lot of opinions but i'm happy with mine. The good thing about a PC is the remote intercooler. If you frag a blower it will catch the debris. I'm not sure about the whipple. With a little "extra work" you could be running mid 80's.
How long have you had yours? Looks great!!!!!
Old 02-26-2007, 07:17 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

With the procharger system, they supply a boost sensitive fuel pressure regulator. The regulator increases fuel pressure according to boost. More pressure=more fuel during an injector pulse. This was the part of the system that I always questioned. But it worked well for me.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:25 PM
Registered

whats good for carb motors a 509 with a nick 1050 making a base with 9.5 to 1 670hp or bg 850 less power. PG OR WHIPPLE OR VORTEC? AND HOW MUCH BOOST AND HP CAN YOU GET.

Quick Reply: superchargers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.