Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Header recommendation please >

Header recommendation please

Notices

Header recommendation please

Old 03-06-2007, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

My opinion, but something else to keep in mind about manifold exhaust systems is to try and stay away from aftermarket exhaust manifolds that have risers with any sharp 90* square type bends/elbows. This is especially true of manifold type exhaust systems where the riser connects to the manifold. Those sharp 90* elbows are crude, choke the flow and are power killers. It's your choice, but if you're going to spend the money on aftermarket exhaust manifolds then get something that has easy going rounded bends.

There are exceptions to the rule, but in most cases you can get a good flowing aftermarket exhaust manifold system where the riser and tailpipe are a one piece item. There are several makes out there, but usually, something like a Stainless Marine or GIL exhaust system is a good example of a one piece riser/tailpipe set-up for an exhaust manifold system. Have fun.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts

We have tested regular CMI E-tops in supercharged applications up to 1000 HP on the dyno. articfriends has done the same on Tyler Crockett's dyno with wet CMI E-tops.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by tomcat
We have tested regular CMI E-tops in supercharged applications up to 1000 HP on the dyno. articfriends has done the same on Tyler Crockett's dyno with wet CMI E-tops.
Tom,I'm not sure if you would consider Tylers Cmi's "wet" as they are water cooled but no water is introduced into the exhaust stream. My motor close to 950 hp though with his set-up. Recently there has been some claims in the pantera section that the stainless marine hi tq 3's outperform the cmi's (no specific model) by a considerable amount,especially in a blown application. I am running the stainless marine 3's,when I dyno my motor after freshening this spring I will try to do back to back testing using my manifolds to see what the story is in my case. The only problem is if I use crocketts dyno you really can't compare his water cooled dry outlet cmi's to my water cooled wet outlet stailness 3's for a true comparison. I will have to find some way or borrow some 5" dry tails to try but I would also like to still do a final pull wet too just to see how much it really drops,Smitty
Old 03-08-2007, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Dana Flo-Torque, I replaced my Lightning headers with them and couldn't be happier.
http://www.danamarineproducts.com/st...TOKEN=10855796
Old 03-08-2007, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have Danas & I like them. They are less expensive than alomst any other manifold on the market. You can't go wrong with them.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pantera28-650HP
CMI's perform great and look better than all the rest...but then again, I'm biased!!

If we can help, let us know.

Just sent you an email for price quote.Thanks