Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
trim pump help needed:  removed starboard trim indicator and now no "up" trim >

trim pump help needed: removed starboard trim indicator and now no "up" trim

Notices

trim pump help needed: removed starboard trim indicator and now no "up" trim

Old 03-13-2007, 02:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trim pump help needed: removed starboard trim indicator and now no "up" trim

I'm installing my stainless marine heads up trim indicators. I removed the starboard electrical trim actuator as directed, and installed the stainless unit. Now the trim will only go halfway up. I cut the wires going to that indicator. The port one is still there. I went into the engine compartment and saw the wires coming in from the drive- a purple and two green. I disconnected them, now I have down trim and no up trim. I don't need auto off if that's what the actuators do in the trim pump wiring. Anyway, how do I override so I get full up and down trim?
Old 03-13-2007, 03:29 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You probably removed the inline trim switch. So now you need to jump the connection.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:26 PM
Registered

Hmmm... I checked the book and it looks like the right side is for the gauge and left side is for the limiter switch. I reconnected the internal wiring. Drive tims all the way down and goes about 1/3-1/2 way up and stops- the trailer switch overrides it. I think the limiter switch just needs to be adjusted. How high should I be able to trim up the drive with just the trim switch?
Old 03-13-2007, 05:23 PM
Go Big or Go Home
Platinum Member

measure you trim pistons from pin to pin they should extend 21 and 3/4 inches (alpha/bravo) center to center when you are trimmed up with the control. if the switches have been replaced, some one may have put them on backwards and you could have cut the wrong wires. most of the indicators are labeled externally. is your electric trim gauge still working?